oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

11 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Lumley

Bola, Fry, Hall, McNair, Dijksteel

Morsy, Crooks

Tavernier, Ikpeazu, Watmore

As it stands I'd go for that.

Tav and Watmore playing off Ikpeazu and drifting inside/wide when the opportunities present. I'd give Bola and Dijksteel licence to get forward and provide the width. Then Crooks can bomb on with McNair stepping alongside Morsy, so effectively the centre backs and midfield form a box (bit like England in the Euros).

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

As it stands I'd go for that.

Tav and Watmore playing off Ikpeazu and drifting inside/wide when the opportunities present. I'd give Bola and Dijksteel licence to get forward and provide the width. Then Crooks can bomb on with McNair stepping alongside Morsy, so it effectively the centre backs and midfield form a box (bit like England in the Euros).

Agreed, think it's our best option at the moment. It's just concerning if we get one injury or need to look to the bench to change the game there isn't really anything on there. 

Just now, RiversideRed said:

Agreed, think it's our best option at the moment. It's just concerning if we get one injury or need to look to the bench to change the game there isn't really anything on there. 

Yeah whilst we don't have the depth in the wide positions I think it makes sense. Personally I see Tav and Watmore as central players rather than wide.

3 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I just don't think there's a rush to sign anyone because of the look of that bench. There's a few young lads there that could even get a good chance to impress and make a decision for Warnock. Likes of Jones and Sivi, I think I'd rather have them in the squad than rush through a signing that might not actually improve us.

Injuries are what they are, we can only do so much to cover them anyway. If we lose Tav or Fry to injury for example, I'm not really that happy with what they'd be replaced with as I sincerely doubt anyone could be as good.

• Like 1

We need a new CB who can cover at LB, a new winger and a CF back up. With Payero also going through.  Warnock did say we are working on 3 more deals after payero so hopefully these are the 3 positions he's working on

For me we need six signings.

Backup GK

LB/LCB Cover

Payero

LW

ST

and another attacker ideally a ST who can play on the wing or vice versa.

Then I'd be confident we can be in the playoffs this season and have some depth.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I agree with the fact we have the barebones. But we won't exactly have any options to bring off the bench.

Assuming the team is

GK: Lumley

DEF: Bola, Fry, Hall, McNair, Dijksteel

MID: Morsy, Crooks

ATT: Tavernier, Ikpeazu, Watmore

Subs: Brynn, Peltier, Spence, Howson, Malley, Sivi, Akpom

Maybe that will be the squad for the game?

You can add Wing to the bench if he still with us come Fulham. I suspect he will be as any deal for i feel will be towards end of window

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

cracking signing this, if it comes off. best so far

Really? Based on what?

He's 24 and played 61 league games in his career, 50 of which have been at league 1 level. Not thinking of Joe Bryan are you?

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Never heard of him.

Joe Bryant. Ex Bristol city now plays for Fulham. Scored their winning goals in the play off final 😉

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""