oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

I feel we need a defender who can perform very well at left back as opposed to “just do a job there in case of injury” as Bola fitness issues pre season worry me a bit.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Current squad in terms of defence

Peltier - backup player

Djiksteel - likely starter

Fry - likely starter

Hall - likely starter 

McNair - likely starter in 3 but potentially played in midfield

Fischer - likely out for season

Wood - backup player more likely to go out on loan again

Bola - likely starter

Spence - club wanting to sell

Coulson - likely to go out on loan

Doesn't leave masses of cover in defence - hence saying I wouldn't be surprised for 2 coming in

Marvin Johnson has left so they're probably after cheap younger leftback replacement who can put a ball in and can play at CB too, though he's a far better leftback imo.

I think he was worth keeping as a leftback, but if he doesn't want to sign the contract promptly when offered he can coco, need everyone raring to go, and with the players we have who would probably be in front of him in his positions, it's a shame but I'm not gutted.

GLTTL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didnt exist for us until last season, thought he had quite a few decent games when he did play, in a tough league, whilst we wasnt playing our best.

Having said that, if its true that he just didnt respond to our offer its very disrespectful, very least he could have said is thanks for the offer but he's moving on. Ive no time for rudeness, if this story is true then im glad he's moved on.

couple of comments from this thread: https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/the-kean-bryan-thread.83497/page-5

guess i seen sheff utd prem games when bryan was doing well. knew he was a left back regardless of what positions say on web etc. 

Love the fact that some are questioning why we would want two left footed CBs. 
why does no one ever ask why we have more than 2 right footed CBs? 
Left footers can play football in a right footer’s position in the same way as right footers do in left footer’s positions for the Boro at the moment. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, BelgianBoro said:

Left footers can play football in a right footer’s position in the same way as right footers do in left footer’s positions for the Boro at the moment. 

according to sheff utd fans he was dodgy at lcb and better as a left back. with a good cross. so on that i'm happy. he is cover at cb and lb/lwb at minimum. which strengthens the squad and replaces what we lost (johnson) but for less wages.

8 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

Well the simple fact we don’t have a massive budget so would seem daft to waste it on two players who seem to play in the exact same positions. We have 2 strikers, one of which we know for a fact Warnock doesn’t rate.

9 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Well the simple fact we don’t have a massive budget so would seem daft to waste it on two players who seem to play in the exact same positions. We have 2 strikers, one of which we know for a fact Warnock doesn’t rate.

I think we want to move spence and Coulson and Fischer is out for season so I don't think 2 coming in is daft.

9 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Oh I’m not questioning whether or not we need him or can afford him, I’m just saying someone commented on the fact we were looking at two left sided CBs, if we sign a right footed CB then that’s also duplicating what we already have isn’t it?

On 7/23/2021 at 10:31 PM, BearSmog said:

His name is also an anagram of..

Teary in Parmo

Because he is so happy to have signed for the Boro

Tiny Parmo Ear

That's as good as The Little Fellow

Oh I’m not questioning whether or not we need him or can afford him, I’m just saying someone commented on the fact we were looking at two left sided CBs, if we sign a right footed CB then that’s also duplicating what we already have isn’t it?

Well yeah I agree with what your saying. However for some reason in football, a left sided centre half is seen as a luxury isn’t it 😂 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I think we want to move spence and Coulson and Fischer is out for season so I don't think 2 coming in is daft.

I think Peltier is the Fisher replacement according to Warnock anyway. Either of these two would replace Coulson but I haven’t seen any links or concrete interest in Spence, I think he’ll stay tbh

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I think Peltier is the Fisher replacement according to Warnock anyway. Either of these two would replace Coulson but I haven’t seen any links or concrete interest in Spence, I think he’ll stay tbh

I haven't seen anything on spence either other than we seem desperate to move him on.  I'm guessing it's an attitude thing with Warnock.  I just go on the 2 players in every position rule and I think we are short.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I haven't seen anything on spence either other than we seem desperate to move him on.  I'm guessing it's an attitude thing with Warnock.  I just go on the 2 players in every position rule and I think we are short.

Yeah I also get the impression his attitude is poor. Also his ability isn’t the best either 😂

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""