oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

was reading the opinion of a couple of fulham fans on reddit yesterday, and they were both in agreement that as far as wingers go, Kebano is actually arguably one of their best options.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

was reading the opinion of a couple of fulham fans on reddit yesterday, and they were both in agreement that as far as wingers go, Kebano is actually arguably one of their best options.

We stupidly sold Bamford to a rival so who knows we may get lucky and they do the same. Mind you they still have a Premiership quality squad whereas at the time we had a shower of the brown stuff so probably says more about the state of planning and thinking of Boro.

• Like 1

Looking at what Matt Crooks has said in his interviews and again we have a player who mentions the Premier League.

I know some are just trying to be realistic about our chances of making it there and I don't disagree with those, still need to be proved that we can actually make it with this manager and this squad.

But I still can't get over the fact some don't think promotion is even the aim or that even if it is, it's just some kind of pipe dream we tell people about to get them excited.

Promotion is the target, to me that's obvious with Warnock in charge but also all the murmurs coming out from the club is that this is once again an attempt to take this club up, not to be a safe mid-table side whilst we go through some kind of transitional period. I feel pretty justified in my view that we should view and judge this team as a team looking at trying to get promoted this season and finishing anywhere even outside the top 6 should be viewed as a pretty big failure.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Looking at what Matt Crooks has said in his interviews and again we have a player who mentions the Premier League.

I know some are just trying to be realistic about our chances of making it there and I don't disagree with those, still need to be proved that we can actually make it with this manager and this squad.

But I still can't get over the fact some don't think promotion is even the aim or that even if it is, it's just some kind of pipe dream we tell people about to get them excited.

Promotion is the target, to me that's obvious with Warnock in charge but also all the murmurs coming out from the club is that this is once again an attempt to take this club up, not to be a safe mid-table side whilst we go through some kind of transitional period. I feel pretty justified in my view that we should view and judge this team as a team looking at trying to get promoted this season and finishing anywhere even outside the top 6 should be viewed as a pretty big failure.

We don't do positivity around here 

• Haha 2
52 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Agree with all of that apart from the last sentence. 100% the aim for us should be and will be playoffs. However, this is the same as probably 14 teams in the league. Not getting in the playoffs, although would be disappointing, imo wouldn’t be a big failure. I don’t think we have the players to be deemed a failure if we don’t get top 6. Our squad is also very small with next to no depth if a few injuries occur. 
Im not being negative as I also feel we have a good as good a chance to get playoffs then other half of the championship battling for it. That’s the beauty of this league, every club has the chance to believe this year could be there year. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Surely that can't be acceptable.

Don't think actual payments matter, if you buy It player you spread the cost of the lifetime of the contract. And then whenever you sell him, any value above the contract value is profit for ffp. 

The only way they could do this, is if its a loan with guaranteed purchase. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Surely that can't be acceptable.

It’s up to both clubs to negotiate what the transfer fee is and when it is paid - it’s purely a commercial decision and normally the selling club is interested enough in getting cash in to refuse any extended terms over and above the norm. If Liverpool are prepared to accept the cash at a later date, then there is nothing to stop them.

the point is though that the timing of payment doesn’t normally affect FFP rules. You depreciate the players worth over the length of the contract - so if Wilson is going on a 5 year deal for £12m, say, then the cost for FFP is £2.4m per year irrespective of when you pay for him. Lazy journalism?

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Need to sue Fulham take them to court over this matter is blatent cheating 

Then Fulham bring up the fact we accepted a deal in the exact same manner with Bamford and Leeds. I don't see what about it is cheating.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""