oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Joe bennett is still available on a free. Wonder if Warnock will be tempted the longer Bola is out

that's  a good shout, if he's recovered from his serious knee injury

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Joe bennett is still available on a free. Wonder if Warnock will be tempted the longer Bola is out

I'd sign Joe Bennett tbf. Good player at this level.

Just an update from a journalist from South America, he does only have 1.5k followers so how true  I don’t know. Mentions in another tweet that it was Neil Bauser and Leo at the meeting. 

A46DD349-549A-450D-8BD9-99358AEE647D.jpeg

• Like 6

This is actually insane haha

“Meeting today in Lisbon to discuss the future of Rodrigo Muniz was attended by Marcos Braz and Bruno Spindel, Flamengo's soccer vice and executive director, and Neil Bausor and Leo Percovich (ex-Fluminense), Middlesbrough's CEO and technical assistant”

Edited by LinoJo3

If we’re moving on to this deal then Payero’s must be done.

I don’t want to get my hopes up too much about Muniz because if there’s teams like Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan sniffing then I’ll be amazed if we manage to sign him.

29 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

If we’re moving on to this deal then Payero’s must be done.

I don’t want to get my hopes up too much about Muniz because if there’s teams like Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan sniffing then I’ll be amazed if we manage to sign him.

Athletico pulled out I think and inter are barely mentioned. Would their directors fly half way round the world and meet for hours if we didn’t have a really good chance of getting him? I understand they probably met with other European teams while they were here.

• Like 1

They're meeting with Fulham tomorrow, sounds like they've got sick of waiting and are probably trying to flush out a few more interested clubs.

Fulham fans seem quite confident, apparently he's already agreed terms with them and they think that because Silva brought Richarlison over from Brazil and had a bit of success with him, that will give them the edge.

5 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I suppose if one of those is then injured, then McNair can step into that gap. But personally I'm a little sceptical of his ability to play in a back 4 and I do think we can find better for those positions. Midfield is an interesting point, Warnock has mentioned he likes the 5-2-3, which would probably see McNair deployed on the left of a back 3.

But where I see potential for thinking McNair is surplus is in the 4-3-3 (Warnock has said he likes). If that is our go to formation for the season,  judging on the line-ups last season and who we've brought in (and looking to bring in Payero), I'm not sure McNair starts in a 4-3-3.

If we go 4-3-3 I reckon we'll see Crooks effectively take up a similar role to what Saville had last season. He'll be encouraged/allowed to step up from midfield (with the ball) and press (without the ball) alongside the lone striker. Think Morsy will be a starter most games and we know Howson is one of Warnock's favourites.

With Payero coming in, Wing potentially staying (obviously he may yet leave) and a few younger lads (Malley, Hackney) around the squad, I can see why the suggestion McNair is a sellable asset comes into consideration.

I got the impression Lewis is staying when I met him last week at Tavistock As was Nathan Wood But like Dan said things could change IF Payero comes in 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""