oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

We all know it's not us, but I'm still going to be gutted at missing out on a player I'd never heard of.

Fulham seem to have a nasty habit of beating us to signings in recent years.

Joe Bryan, Mitrovic and now Muniz.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We all know it's not us, but I'm still going to be gutted at missing out on a player I'd never heard of.

Fulham seem to have a nasty habit of beating us to signings in recent years.

Joe Bryan, Mitrovic and now Muniz.

Tbf it was Villa they beat Bryan to. We were never in the race. And if they get Muniz can they just loan us Mitrovic as he would be ideal in our system.

If bausor pulls this deal of in negoation it will be the finest work he's ever done for the club. We can offer less competion for places that may swing muniz to us that the only hope we have 

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Tbf it was Villa they beat Bryan to. We were never in the race. And if they get Muniz can they just loan us Mitrovic as he would be ideal in our system.

What annoys me is he should be looking at Fulham and thinking "hmm, I'm never gonna play with Mitrovic there"

Just now, DurhamRed said:

If bausor pulls this deal of in negoation it will be the finest work he's ever done for the club 

and it will probably be the only thing.

It's worrying now like we need two wingers and two strikers for the upcoming season.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

We agreed a fee for Joe Bryan, as did Villa, he decided to go to Villa instead, then Fulham came in at the last minute to beat us both to him.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We agreed a fee for Joe Bryan, as did Villa, he decided to go to Villa instead, then Fulham came in at the last minute to beat us both to him.

Yeah that is what I meant. Fulham never technically beat us to Bryan. They beat Villa to him.

We were technically not in running for Bryan as far as player was concerned. His 3rd and final choice.

He will undoubtedly sign for Fulham and play for one of the most inoffensive clubs in English football in one of the least intimidating grounds in England. 

He won't have a clue though. 

• Like 2

What will happen is;

Muniz will go to Athletico

We will bid for Lazaro

We will agree a deal for Lazaro 

Fulham will bid for lazaro

We will buy Smith from Rotherham

• Haha 1

If Muniz does fall through we really do need to get some players in sharpish

We've lost 30 goals from the players who've left, including 6 of our 8 top scorers (assuming Akpom leaves) and so far have brought in 15 goals with Ikpeazu, Crooks and Ameobi 

This for a side that's already notoriously low scoring and lacking in creativity

image.png.822095e0f217d5758961efaf36045583.png

What worries me is the absence of links to wingers and attacking midfielders other than Lazaro and a few washed up has beens 

11 days till Fulham...

• Like 6
4 hours ago, LBP said:

If Muniz does fall through we really do need to get some players in sharpish

We've lost 30 goals from the players who've left, including 6 of our 8 top scorers (assuming Akpom leaves) and so far have brought in 15 goals with Ikpeazu, Crooks and Ameobi 

This for a side that's already notoriously low scoring and lacking in creativity

image.png.822095e0f217d5758961efaf36045583.png

What worries me is the absence of links to wingers and attacking midfielders other than Lazaro and a few washed up has beens 

11 days till Fulham...

I wouldn't assume Akpom will leave quite yet, he's only going if we have a replacement

17 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I wouldn't assume Akpom will leave quite yet, he's only going if we have a replacement

Frankly the best you can say about Akpom is he is just another body we have currently. If we get firm interest I would get rid, he is hardly irreplaceable.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""