oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

Bamba definitely offered a deal. I also think for the right money as a 4th choice CB who can help the 23’s it’s a good call. Means wood can go out on load too for more experience

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

Bamba definitely offered a deal. I also think for the right money as a 4th choice CB who can help the 23’s it’s a good call. Means wood can go out on load too for more experience

More jobs for the boys. Just end up needing more players next year. Get younger players in and get them bedded in while we are treading water this season.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

to be fair there are worse things we could do. Sol Bamba for one year as a cover and around to act as a teacher for our young CBs would be fine.

Yeah, I was against it at first, but considering he'd be backup, probably pretty low wages, effectively the role Woodgate had under Karanka, it isn't the worst thing. 

• Like 2

Sorry, but a 36 year old who has started one game since march 2019 is not a good signing in any way shape or form. It's completely lacking in imagination, a waste of resources and if he hadn't played under Warnock before no one would be happy with this. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Sorry, but a 36 year old who has started one game since march 2019 is not a good signing in any way shape or form. It's completely lacking in imagination, a waste of resources and if he hadn't played under Warnock before no one would be happy with this. 

What if he's on £100 a week

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

There really are worse things we could do with what I would imagine is a contract that barely touches our resources. It's not so much his previous with Warnock for me, but fact is he was a very good leader whilst he was at Cardiff and teams don't often get promoted without them. The fact our captain is still apparently Jonny Howson at this stage says a lot to me about what's changed in that respect since last season.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

What if he's on £100 a week

Well, he won't be. 

The main issue is if we get him in and just go "ah that's back up sorted then". Then we pick up two injuries in defence and suddenly were relying on a 34 year old and 36 year old who have barely played in recent years to play Saturday Tuesday Saturday. It's just not smart at all, our back up players need to be fit and ready to play 3 games a week if and when we need them. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Well, he won't be. 

The main issue is if we get him in and just go "ah that's back up sorted then". Then we pick up two injuries in defence and suddenly were relying on a 34 year old and 36 year old who have barely played in recent years to play Saturday Tuesday Saturday. It's just not smart at all, our back up players need to be fit and ready to play 3 games a week if and when we need them. 

he would be the experienced backup - ew have plenty of young inexperienced backups

24 minutes ago, boronutter said:

If you want the latest info, scour the internet like all the itk, rs do,,, 

Pardon me for wanting the occasional bit of ITK! 😔

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""