oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well we do, because our defence was bloody awful at the end of last season when we were missing 2 players. We need capable back up if promotion is the aim 

But isn't that the point of Bamba being on trial? If he looks well off the pace and the likes of Tavernier and Watmore are leaving him on his *** every 5 minutes, then we can tell him he's not needed.

If he's matching up to them and coming out on top, we can assume he's still capable of being a decent reserve at this level.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I would be unbelievably shocked to see anyone but Joe Lumley as our first-choice keeper this season. That's what he's here for.

Joe Lumley Looked ok when I saw him last week 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LBP said:

But Woodgate was actually good 

Bamba was an accident waiting to happen at every club before Cardiff wasn't he?

What does it matter how good he was? His role wasn't to play in the best circumstances and he didn't.

Bamba was an accident waiting to happen at every club before his most recent 6 years, you mean? What's the problem then?

• Like 2

What does it matter how good he was? His role wasn't to play in the best circumstances and he didn't.

Bamba was an accident waiting to happen at every club before his most recent 6 years, you mean? What's the problem then?

he has to find a way of posting something negative, otherwise hell will freeze over.

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, Tom said:

But isn't that the point of Bamba being on trial? If he looks well off the pace and the likes of Tavernier and Watmore are leaving him on his *** every 5 minutes, then we can tell him he's not needed.

If he's matching up to them and coming out on top, we can assume he's still capable of being a decent reserve at this level.

There's a big difference between him being able to manoeuvre his way through a training session and look good and him being able to play 3 90 mins games in a week at the championships pace. Anyone we sign should be signed with the knowledge that it's possible that they will be needed to do this at some point during the season. 

• Like 2
Just now, Barnaby said:

Joe Lumley Looked ok when I saw him last week 

Jury is still out, for me. He's looked a little shaky in pre-season but he's also had next to nowt to deal with until our defence has fallen apart. He'll be tested plenty more during the season to come and we'll get to see how good he can be and hopefully Warnock doesn't spend the first 10 games trying to figure out how bad his formations are. 😄

I mean this whole teaching the kids how to play football that people overrate about senior players

If we bring him in as a basically a player/coach type gig then whatever but if people think signing Bamba means back ups sorted then I pray Fry never gets injured

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

There's a big difference between him being able to manoeuvre his way through a training session and look good and him being able to play 3 90 mins games in a week at the championships pace. Anyone we sign should be signed with the knowledge that it's possible that they will be needed to do this at some point during the season. 

Do you think Woodgate would have managed 3 games in a week? 😅

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

he has to find a way of posting something negative, otherwise hell will freeze over.

What you going on about 🤣

Also you called me pedantic earlier when yesterday you brought up all these stats to say "Akshually i think you'll find they scored 16 goals not 15 🤓" or whatever and you were wrong anyways

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, LBP said:

What you going on about 🤣

Also you called me pedantic earlier when yesterday you brought up all these stats to say "Akshually i think you'll find they scored 16 goals not 15 🤓" or whatever and you were wrong anyways

I wasn't wrong, you were counting players that weren't shown in the graphic. 

• Confused 1

Do you think Woodgate would have managed 3 games in a week? 😅

No mate, but the season in question we had ayala, Gibson, Kalas, r Williams as well as woodgate. We also had fry coming through and de laet who could play CB from January. We also only played 2 centre backs.  

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No mate, but the season in question we had ayala, Gibson, Kalas, r Williams as well as woodgate. We also had fry coming through and de laet who could play CB from January. We also only played 2 centre backs.  

That's why I'm not worried though. Just because Bamba is going to turn up, doesn't mean he's first or even second in line to go into the side if we lose a couple of defenders.

By all accounts, we are after 1 or 2 other potential left-sided defenders and in both Bryan and Brown are looking at 2 players who can play centre-back. Even at this moment in time have Hall, Fry, McNair, Dijksteel and Peltier at the very least before we even think of Bola or Bamba or anybody else coming in. Discounting Wood here as I suspect he'll go out on loan.

I just don't think Warnock is sat there thinking Bamba is first or second to be called in in case of a crisis right now. He won't play him if the others are available, he's there for big emergencies and probably for cup games where he won't want to play the first team players and would mostly be there on a super low budget contract to help around the squad.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, LBP said:

I mean this whole teaching the kids how to play football that people overrate about senior players

If we bring him in as a basically a player/coach type gig then whatever but if people think signing Bamba means back ups sorted then I pray Fry never gets injured

As per the above, look at our list of defenders and the fact we're looking at another 1 or 2. I don't see why anyone would look at this potential signing and think he's gonna be playing unless we have a huge crisis.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""