oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread

11 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

James Collins going Cardiff surely can’t be another summer of missing out on players. Article also claims he was one of our top targets 😢

I'm guessing that it is down to personal terms or money as we would bluntly describe it. It's probably his last decent contract with the age he is at.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HES 20 YEARS OLD.  I've said this so many times, the majority of players his age haven't even made a first team appearance yet and are still developing in the underage groups or in the lower divi

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉 It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality sea

Apparently first thing this morning they were told by Leo to go and find the back of the net in training and haven't been seen since. Apparently the underwater search and rescue team are scouring the

Posted Images

The summer signings will be as successful as the sale of season tickets.. The team will be fitted out with a set of retreads which while looking the part will hardly perform and likely deflate under pressure. Expectations may be high but they will be as appealing as a Reliant Robin driven in wet blustery conditions, unreliable,  unpredictable and hardly much fun. 

Edited by sanddancer
40 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

James Collins going Cardiff surely can’t be another summer of missing out on players. Article also claims he was one of our top targets 😢

Well I have zero faith in our entire first team recruitment department so nothing this summer will surprise me.

7 hours ago, DevKWat said:

We had Negredo and bought Bamford and Gestede. Some clubs spend money for the sake of it. 

It got worse than that though, after Bamford and Gestede we relieved ourselves of £15 million for Assombalonga and £7 million for Fletcher neither of whom were fit to lace Paddy's boots and then compounded things by spending £9 million on Braithwaite which meant we needed to sell Paddy to pay for all that sub standard overpriced dross just a year and a half after signing him.

I'd like to think that we had learned from all that but we all know the answer. 

I can see it now. Three or Four linked players. No one signs. All go elsewhere for more money. Sign a total random player and claim he was number one target. Then after a couple of months throw him under a bus 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

But he either doesn't suit them or they already have better.  McNair isn't even our best defender so why would all of these clubs want him?

I have no idea if he doesn't suit them, and I'm not sure you do either, or if they think they have better. Some teams buy a player in order to get competition and cover for more positions. With McNair you get cover and competition for CM and CD. For the smaller teams it's not always exclusively possible to buy better players than you already have, so they look at players that can add competition instead. With Brexit there is inevitably going to be a rise in demand for homegrown players.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Well I have zero faith in our entire first team recruitment department so nothing this summer will surprise me.

I will be especially if the recruitment department do their job!

If James Collins was a top target I’ve got absolutely no faith in us getting enough to target promotion this season. So we now move onto whoever was a worse option than him 😂 embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I will be especially if the recruitment department do their job!

That is the only thing that would surprise me.

The scale of the rebuild needed is huge. I don’t see us getting quality and quantity.

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If James Collins was a top target I’ve got absolutely no faith in us getting enough to target promotion this season. So we now move onto whoever was a worse option than him 😂 embarrassing 

If he was our top target and he has chosen to go play second fiddle to last seasons ‘obviously not top target’ that’s disconcerting.

• Like 1

He was probably our top target because he was free and experienced at this level. It's disconcerting when we need three in and we've missed out on a free transfer. Going to be a long summer.