oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

I reckon we’ll be directing our funds at more critical areas of the team. Warnock seems quite content with the midfield. I wonder if that includes Wing in his thinking?

I seriously doubt if Wing is in his thinking. If hard work was in the bed, Wing would sleep on the floor 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Let me tell you about a man called Britt 

I think Britt was poor, but he was somewhat misused and in a team that doesn't suit him (still). Bettinelli doesn't have those excuses IMO.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Don’t know if there’s anything in it but a friend who’s got some links in football mentioned andy Carroll this morning bloody hope not 

Andy Carroll would be absolutely perfect for us. I really hope so 🙏

6 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Don’t know if there’s anything in it but a friend who’s got some links in football mentioned andy Carroll this morning bloody hope not 

I could see that being a realistic signing under Warnock. His injury record is appalling but i have to admit i did rate him in his early days. If he got a pay as you play deal it wouldn't be the worst assuming he isn't our "number 1 target". He would give us that different option we lacked last season.

On the other hand it would also the perfect replacement for Gestede on and off the pitch. So the physio would keep busy.

Not for me, hugely injury prone.

Would be a good signing if he could stay fit, but I doubt he could.

He battered us from set pieces in the Premier League, but that was 5 years ago.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

Mo besic for a third time anyone? Out of contract so a free. Wages probably quite high I'd imagine 

I wonder if Saville is on his way and/or McNair. Besic would make sense if so. We probably have interest noted in players like him in case unexpected transfer out happen.

If someone offers £3m for Saville he will be off I think. £6m for McNair and he'd be off I reckon. Need to have options lined up.

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think we already have a better player than Besic in Morsy and one player who works themselves into the book every game is enough.

Haha I actually think Besic is a better version of Morsy. Personally don’t really see what Morsy brings to the team tbh and don’t really get some of the high reviews some fans give him. Saville has had a much better season yet gets so much more abuse which is weird to me All my opinion though.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Haha I actually think Besic is a better version of Morsy. Personally don’t really see what Morsy brings to the team tbh and don’t really get some of the high reviews some fans give him. Saville has had a much better season yet gets so much more abuse which is weird to me All my opinion though.

I agree with all this. Though I don't think saville had a good season presay, though I do think he was more effective overall than morsy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Good lord. 

That was one game and the fact I said more confident display just proves my point that he generally looked Shakey at the start of the season too. 

I've thought that about more Boro players than I care to remember. They turn in one or a few good performances and I think they've turned a corner...only to revert to being crap for the rest of the season.

33 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Andy Carroll would be absolutely perfect for us. I really hope so 🙏

Hasn't he spent most of his career on the physio's table? Like Darren "Sicknote" Anderton.

Good when fit...but unavailable more often than not.

Just now, AnglianRed said:

Hasn't he spent most of his career on the physio's table? Like Darren "Sicknote" Anderton.

Good when fit...but unavailable more often than not.

A level way above anyone else who would fit Warnock’s system and a perfect mentor for young Coburn coming through. Makes perfect sense to me 

• Like 1

I've been one of the biggest critics of Bettinelli over the season, I think he's been largely awful throughout.

But I know for a fact that there are posts on here where I've praised him for having a surprisingly good game or for not making mistakes for a while.

There was a period of 3 or 4 games in the second half of the season where he wasn't at fault for anything.

It doesn't change the fact he's been terrible, I'd actually say it highlights just how poor he's been that I've felt the need to mention that he's not made a mistake or that he's came off his line well.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Blanco said:

A level way above anyone else who would fit Warnock’s system and a perfect mentor for young Coburn coming through. Makes perfect sense to me 

Well...if you think making half a dozen appearances before doing his ACL or something and being out for the rest of the season is a good use of our limited resources... 🤷‍♂️

Also, being a level above everyone else isn't automatically a good thing. I could see him making intelligent runs into the box and being angry & frustrated when no-one is pinging crosses in to him.

Just saying...

Edited by AnglianRed

I doubt we have a chance of signing Carroll, but he's pretty much the prototypical 'Warnock Striker'.

Getting him on a team-friendly appearance weighted deal would be a fantastic signing, though given his injury record he'd be incredibly foolish to sign something like that.

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""