oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think Andy Carroll would be a starter in any championship team but none of the other linked players so far would 

Not sure if that was an official link or not, but I agree - with obvious caveats. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Not sure if that was an official link or not, but I agree - with obvious caveats. 

But we will still win the league regardless of who we sign UTB 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I agree with this part in particular. So the follow up question would be... What is the point of Neil Warnock being here? Putting aside all my obvious misgivings about him, last season sort of made sense because we were fairly close to being relegated and he kept us up. With covid and uncertainty all round in the sport, I can see the logic behind giving the ship to a steady hand even if I disagreed with who we chose to be the steady hand. 

But as fans return and football starts to get back to some normality, if we're not going to go for promotion this season under a man who only has another year left in him, I ask again, what is the point?

I suppose the point will be to have a very cheap year and be certain not to be dragged into a relegation battle. Once the football world is back to normal next summer we hopefully move forward. Next season will just be another non-season like the one we just had.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Question - does anyone genuinely think we have a real shot at promotion with the players we are being linked with right now? Not one player we've been linked to do far would make it into one of the top 6 sides this season. Maybe their squad but no where near their first 11. 

No chance. Be lucky to finish near where we did this season. Squad won't be as good as what we had this year imo

On 5/18/2021 at 10:55 AM, Weasel said:

Out of all the tall battering rams we've been linked with, James Collins was probably my top choice. We can't even attract players over Cardiff anymore.

We're going to end up with Michael Smith, I can tell.

We're quite predictable under Warnock 🕵️‍♂️

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I suppose the point will be to have a very cheap year and be certain not to be dragged into a relegation battle. Once the football world is back to normal next summer we hopefully move forward. Next season will just be another non-season like the one we just had.

Warnock has been relegated before. Not from this division but does that really matter? No one is 100% safe under any manager

28 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I notice Charles isn't among his many, many, MANY names...so where the hell did Charlie come from?

Apparently when his parents told his nan or aunt his name, she said he will sound like a right Charlie, so the name Charlie stuck 🤔 I found him on football manager a few months back and wondered if it was some kind of Football manager joke like the name of some Developers of the game or something like that with all the names. Unfortunately for him it wasn't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Warnock has been relegated before. Not from this division but does that really matter? No one is 100% safe under any manager

That obviously goes without saying, but NW is a fairly safe bet to avoid relegation in the Championship. I think he is way out of his depth in the Prem, but can at least shithouse a mid table finish in the championship with a limited squad.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That obviously goes without saying, but NW is a fairly safe bet to avoid relegation in the Championship. I think he is way out of his depth in the Prem, but can at least shithouse a mid table finish in the championship with a limited squad.

Well if you're right and that's what he's going for, he'll be out by Christmas with fans back in the stadium.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Well if you're right and that's what he's going for, he'll be out by Christmas with fans back in the stadium.

unlikely if that's also what SG wants.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

unlikely if that's also what SG wants.

Fan pressure tends to telll in the end. If a manager has lost the Riverside then they tend to go pretty quick.

I guess the exception to this is his attempts to resign pulis, but let's not talk about that. 

19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I agree with this part in particular. So the follow up question would be... What is the point of Neil Warnock being here? Putting aside all my obvious misgivings about him, last season sort of made sense because we were fairly close to being relegated and he kept us up. With covid and uncertainty all round in the sport, I can see the logic behind giving the ship to a steady hand even if I disagreed with who we chose to be the steady hand. 

But as fans return and football starts to get back to some normality, if we're not going to go for promotion this season under a man who only has another year left in him, I ask again, what is the point?

I think a lot of clubs will be cautious this summer and wait to see what happens next season. I wouldn’t put money on fans been able to go to every game next season never mind seeing full stadium’s. 

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

In a word - stability.

Just keeping the ship on course and hopefully avoiding any icebergs. It'll probably take a few seasons for clubs to recover properly from the pandemic, but a season of treading water with no pressure or expectations, will hopefully give Gibson time to figure out what he wants to do after Warnock retires.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

In a word - stability.

Just keeping the ship on course and hopefully avoiding any icebergs. It'll probably take a few seasons for clubs to recover properly from the pandemic, but a season of treading water with no pressure or expectations, will hopefully give Gibson time to figure out what he wants to do after Warnock retires.

I can't imagine that treading water would be anywhere in Warnocks mind.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""