• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

What do you think?

I think you are leaping to conclusions, you don’t rest a player with 8 matches of the season to go because someone is in for him in the summer. Unless of course, he has stated he wants to leave and fallen out with Warnock. 

• Like 4

I agree @TeaCider24. Think he injured but even if he not i am fairly relaxed about Fry. I dont think club sell him for a fee of below £20m. Which is good going as some of our fans said we would be lucky to get £8m for him on here only 9 months ago.

If we get a big fee for him like to think we can replace him and remould squad.

If he stays then that also welcome

So all good imo.

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think you are leaping to conclusions, you don’t rest a player with 8 matches of the season to go because someone is in for him in the summer. Unless of course, he has stated he wants to leave and fallen out with Warnock. 

Agree. And i would find it very odd if there has been a falling out. Warnock has been signing his praises every week and Fry been playing his best football for some time for this club under NW so I imagine the relationship is very good.

• Like 1

Theres no way we get 20mil for fry. That's 5mil more than Gibson went for and he had already proved himself in the premier League at the time. Clubs will also not be spending as freely this summer with the financial picture that's changed so significantly over the last year. 10 to 12mil maximum.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I agree @TeaCider24. Think he injured but even if he not i am fairly relaxed about Fry. I dont think club sell him for a fee of below £20m. Which is good going as some of our fans said we would be lucky to get £8m for him on here only 9 months ago.

If we get a big fee for him like to think we can replace him and remould squad.

If he stays then that also welcome

So all good imo.

Yeah, I very much hope he stays as he's a local lad who's had his best ever season, and he's improved a lot under Warnock, but I do think that he can be replaced if we do end up selling for big money.

Not something I'm overly worried about.

39 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

All I'll say is that we're very much a selling club and no player is too big to replace.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with our activity in the summer.

That's hardly a leap since it's been that way for pretty much the last decade.

• Haha 3

There is no doubt Clubs will be sniffing around Tav and Fry but with our play off hopes still alive I would be astounded if Fry was left out because of rumoured transfer activity. Throw in that he can't physically go anywhere until the summer window opens and even if his head has been turned a little bit I would still play him.

Burnley seem to be the club that are constantly being linked with him and after Ben Gibson's and Paddy Bamford's experience under Dyche he would be mental to even remotely consider Turf Moor. He has improved under Warnock and regained his former potential so I doubt that there would have been a fall out between them but his agent may have rubbed the club up the wrong way.

Just not true is it. Warnock has sung his praises and claimed multiple times Gibson would only sell Fry for huge money.

At his age and stage of career I doubt he’d accept being made to look such a mug in public if this was true. If either of Fry or Tav left he’d be wasting his time staying on next year. 

21 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Just not true is it. Warnock has sung his praises and claimed multiple times Gibson would only sell Fry for huge money.

At his age and stage of career I doubt he’d accept being made to look such a mug in public if this was true. If either of Fry or Tav left he’d be wasting his time staying on next year. 

What you are saying is that if Fry is sold, Warnock will walk out...

...it’s worth a try I suppose. 

Edited by BillyWoofs_shinpad

End of the day tho i don't care if its a big name player or an unknown player we bring in to strengthen or replace anyone who leaves. They simply have to be better than what we have or if not as good as the better players within the sqaud . Morsy for the money we paid has been a fine signing. 

Edited by Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

He's done it himself with his comments on akpom and baffling post match interviews of late. Warnock is happy to lie as much as he can so long as it makes him look good at the time.

It really wouldn’t surprise me to see a sale or two and I would rather it was Fry than Tav that went. 

we have books that are shockingly bad and a squad that is need of a rebuild. 

I expect we will spend under £2m this summer and use loans and freebies for the rest.

I think freebies will be a little bit easier to do this summer as well. A lot of agents and players were left without moves last summer having waited for other opportunities.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""