oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread

44 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Ah - okay. Well, it was still pretty ridiculous the way things panned out.

Makes you wonder about the interview / recruitment process. Also speaks to a lack of communication and/or oversight when it comes to transfers.

Again makes you think we really could use a DoF at the club to handle that part of things.

The other thing I wanted to highlight was the ridiculous idea of throwing a load of money at a new manager and expecting them to get us promoted that season. Puts a lot of pressure on them and creates problems if it doesn't work out.

Well I have just been down a rabbit hole reading old one Boro posts on Monk.

This isn’t hindsight but when we got relegated I really thought we just needed evolution but ended up with revolution.

Even after the ‘big names’ had gone we had a decent squad and an established way of playing.

it’s a shame we threw so much money and mortgaged the next few years at the club on a really unnecessary gamble.

I get why Gibbo did it, he wanted to appease the fans by playing ‘better football’ (whatever that is).

Secondly it’s how he has always worked at boro 

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Haven’t posted much as I got the person in trouble with the club.   but Brazilian lad is in talks still With the club all about agreeing fee but he’s definitely interested.  Spence looks Lik

Can we buy Peterboroughs scouting team instead?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In actual transfer news:

If true, feel we should be in for him too, honestly.

Has he actually done much for them?

Low scoring attacking midfielder in one of the most attacking Championship sides.

Agree @TeaCider24. I dont know why but I thought Marcondes was a big player for Brentford with decent stats but in fact his stats are not that great.

That said if we are looking for cover/competition for Tav he could be a good bet I guess as stats dont paint a full picture and its stats I am currently going of for him.

I've always quite liked Emiliano when I've seen him for Brentford, the issue for me is that I don't think Warnock wants or would best utilise a player like him. Which is a real shame, we could at least have put our hat in the ring were we a different type of team.

38 minutes ago, Brunners said:

In actual transfer news:

If true, feel we should be in for him too, honestly.

Was excellent in their play-off games. Doesn't seem to have been a starter much for Brentford this season mind.

1 minute ago, Borolad1876 said:

I think we will be in the top 4 next season, I trust warnock if he's given the correct support which it sounds like he is, shame about bolasie but we move on.

What's a shame about Bolasie?

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He's not coming anymore even though he definitely was and in fact we'd signed him and everything. But now he's not

I blame Keith Lamb and his infernal fax machine!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

I think we will be in the top 4 next season, I trust warnock if he's given the correct support which it sounds like he is, shame about bolasie but we move on.

I think around October he will walk when the fans turn 😂. Or somehow he delivers. If it was up to me he'd be gone now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 6/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, Borolad1876 said:

Another rumour I have been told today is the club are exploring the possibility of signing jed Wallace from Millwall. Definitely one to watch this window.

Bolasie is done.

On 6/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, Borolad1876 said:

The bolasie deal looks to have collapsed, we are now looking elsewhere, very disappointing.

@Willthis is where we've gone within 4 days.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Borolad1876 said:

The deal went all besic, his agent wanted a packet 

we still went from "done" to "dead" in 4 days! Just need to learn to not be so definitive is all!