oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Haven’t posted much as I got the person in trouble with the club.   but Brazilian lad is in talks still With the club all about agreeing fee but he’s definitely interested.  Spence looks Lik

Can we buy Peterboroughs scouting team instead?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

@Willthis is where we've gone within 4 days.

This is why Boro will be treading water, at best, this season...if not actually going backwards.

Nobody wants to spend the season playing Warnockball - unless we can pay stupid money.

10 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

The deal went all besic, his agent wanted a packet 

*** agents! Damn them all to hell!

joe don baker drugs GIF

..since agents are the minions of Satan...

Edited by AnglianRed
22 minutes ago, Borolad1876 said:

The deal went all besic, his agent wanted a packet 

I'll believe Lurker, simply as it makes more sense.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think we deserve repeated comments blaming people on here for Brexit, it's a very divisive issue in British politics and millions of people did not vote for it.

I certainly didn't.

I was in a bad mood when I posted yesterday, so I do apologise to Boro 86 for the swearing at them, but I don't think I was wrong to call out the comment.

I have no issues with discussing the fact that Brexit will impact our transfer strategies, it obviously will, but that doesn't need to involve general accusatory and disparaging remarks about the entire population.

Ok mate apology accepted think we will all have a lot more to moan about after Boris has his say later on

6 hours ago, Boro 86 said:

No need to jump in Al and maybe my Brexit comment was a tad inflammatory but I am very anti Brexit so that informs my comments on that regard. Perhaps the heat had got to TC24 but as I have relocated to France I have already taken his advice!

As for the rest of my post then yes I continue to stand by Gibson as he is the only one putting real money into the club

Woodys signings have also generally come good and whilst it is my opinion (admittedly not shared by many) it would have been interesting to see where he would have got us this year. 

As for Warnocks targets they indicate where we are in this post pandemic world ..skint!  And if this is what it takes to still have a team in the future so be it.

I hope that there maybe a spare bedroom going and an invitation to some and see you Gary!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Ok mate apology accepted think we will all have a lot more to moan about after Boris has his say later on

TBF Brexit did tank the exchange rate against the Euro, the cheaper EUropean options, are not as cheap anymore

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

we still went from "done" to "dead" in 4 days! Just need to learn to not be so definitive is all!

To be fair I remember the club announcing the signing of Keith Gillespie only for the deal to fall through 😁

7 minutes ago, ABH said:

To be fair I remember the club announcing the signing of Keith Gillespie only for the deal to fall through 😁

He was even unveiled at the stadium iirc

2 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I think around October he will walk when the fans turn 😂. Or somehow he delivers. If it was up to me he'd be gone now. 

I think the club are just going with the safe option keeping warnock on for another year. Clubs don’t know what’s going to happen with finances because of covid and we are already skint. 
Plus what calibre of manager could we of attracted this summer? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ABH said:

I think the club are just going with the safe option keeping warnock on for another year. Clubs don’t know what’s going to happen with finances because of covid and we are already skint. 

Don't know but I'd have Alex Neil who is out of work and wasn't on big money at Preston. 

5 minutes ago, ABH said:

Maybe someone with a bit of future instead of another start-stop season. Regardless of what happens we're likely starting all over again in 12 months and we're making the exact same mistakes like when we gave Pulis one year too long. Whether you like Warnock or not it's just a fact that the new manager next year will be lumbered with Warnock style players instead of just making the managerial transition now when the squad is ready for rebuilding.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Maybe someone with a bit of future instead of another start-stop season. Regardless of what happens we're likely starting all over again in 12 months and we're making the exact same mistakes like when we gave Pulis one year too long. Whether you like Warnock or not it's just a fact that the new manager next year will be lumbered with Warnock style players instead of just making the managerial transition now when the squad is ready for rebuilding.

But who is going to come in now. Next season we might be in a better financial situation and how many warnock style players will the new manager be lumbered with he’s said he wants to bring in about 9 players but most of them will probably be loans.

12 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Don't know but I'd have Alex Neil who is out of work and wasn't on big money at Preston. 

It looks like he is going to West Brom and we can’t compete with them