Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, LBP said:

Smith's League 1 record 

173 Games 41 Goals 17 Assists

Gestede's Championship record

178 Games 48 Goals 18 Assists

 

Their records in their most played leagues are so similar, obviously Gestede's a level above so he's the higher quality player but tells us a lot about what we can expect from our soon to be main man in next season's promotion charge

 

Considering Warnock wants to bring in 3 strikers how do you know he will be our main man?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Haven’t posted much as I got the person in trouble with the club.   but Brazilian lad is in talks still With the club all about agreeing fee but he’s definitely interested.  Spence looks Lik

Can we buy Peterboroughs scouting team instead?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mj south said:

Considering Warnock wants to bring in 3 strikers how do you know he will be our main man?

I imagine that if we are spending money on him then he will be his main striker with the others being loans or freebies.

With the size of the rebuild, the impact of COVID and our overall financial position I can’t see us spending any money let alone £1m+ on squad players.

Purely speculation though if we end up with someone like Delap on loan that could change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I imagine that if we are spending money on him then he will be his main striker with the others being loans or freebies.

With the size of the rebuild, the impact of COVID and our overall financial position I can’t see us spending any money let alone £1m+ on squad players.

Purely speculation though if we end up with someone like Delap on loan that could change.

Smith isn't going to cost £1m+

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LBP said:

Smith's League 1 record 

173 Games 41 Goals 17 Assists

Gestede's Championship record

178 Games 48 Goals 18 Assists

 

Their records in their most played leagues are so similar, obviously Gestede's a level above so he's the higher quality player but tells us a lot about what we can expect from our soon to be main man in next season's promotion charge

 

rudy got 34 goals in 60 games in two seasons at blackburn. other than that hes never hit double figures and only managed 5 goals for us in the championship over 3 seasons, 42 games total.

gestede was a class above smith in 2014 other than that hes clearly garbage and not a class above anyone. he managed to get 5 in 17 in the aussie A league though. whats that equivalent level over here? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

rudy got 34 goals in 60 games in two seasons at blackburn. other than that hes never hit double figures and only managed 5 goals for us in the championship over 3 seasons, 42 games total.

gestede was a class above smith in 2014 other than that hes clearly garbage and not a class above anyone. he managed to get 5 in 17 in the aussie A league though. whats that equivalent level over here? 

bloody hell smith is a late bloomer isnt he. his first 30+ game season was only 3 seasons ago. looks like hes only been first choice for the last 3 years and has an average record in champo games; 

45-8, 34-9, 44-10. 

actually thats not bad at all when you think about it, hes playing for rotherham not brentford. he is a respectable champo targetman and probably a really shrewd signing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Smith isn't going to cost £1m+

Just going off paper talk from earlier in the summer.

a week to go until preseason starts - how many signings did Warnock want in before preseason?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just going off paper talk from earlier in the summer.

a week to go until preseason starts - how many signings did Warnock want in before preseason?

Well we do seem to be hamstrung on 2 fronts with this.

First, we don't seem to have a competent recruitment team in place to identify potential signings a good way in advance of when the window opens. Basically relying on Warnock, Jepson & Blackwell having spare time to do it themselves.

Second, we're probably going to struggle to match the wages other clubs can offer. Or trying similar shenanigans to the Danny Mills saga and missing out because we're trying to get them really cheaply.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

The better players will be more in demand and will likely take longer to bring in. 

In that case we’re gonna be signing Messi, Haaghland and Pogba going on the eternity it takes us to get anything over the line 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Genuine question (not having a pop), when did he do that? 

As far as I'm aware he's not written the debt we owe him off, as it's all owed to the "parent/group" company.

 

wasn't it when he got divorced? his ex-wife was going to get a huge piece of the debt and therefore the club so he said *** it

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

.

First, we don't seem to have a competent recruitment team in place to identify potential signings a good way in advance of when the window opens. Basically relying on Warnock, Jepson & Blackwell having spare time to do it themselves.

 

Thats not on the recruitment team - it's Warnock who refuses to sign anyone he hasn't personally scouted and it's Warnock who is watching 30 seconds of players recommended by our recruitment teams and deciding they're no good. You're right that given those parameters, our pool of players we can recruit from is going to be very narrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Just going off paper talk from earlier in the summer.

a week to go until preseason starts - how many signings did Warnock want in before preseason?

He wanted at least four.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Zach Hemming has joined Killie on loan that leaves just one of Brad James and Sol Brynn to go out on loan as one of them two will be the 3rd choice for new season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If Zach Hemming has joined Killie on loan that leaves just one of Brad James and Sol Brynn to go out on loan as one of them two will be the 3rd choice for new season.

I reckon Brad James will probably stay at Hartlepool for their first season back in the EFL. Just a guess though. Need another keeper if Dejan leaves

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...