oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That same interview he has also gone from wanting 8-9 to 6-7 so we are right on schedule for a 3-4 is fine at the end of the window.

I reckon when you factor in loan signings then we'll be around the 8/9 he mentioned.  I think we signed something like 10/11 players last season, and it's not like we were flush with cash then.  It sounds like Hoilett and Smith are likely to be two of them, so that would be three players in with Lumley.

• Like 2
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Think you've misread that. He wants another midfielder, not Darmour. Was just talking about him in an interview.

"I’m looking at another midfielder but Loic was a good squad man for me. I thought of him as a lad who would play ten to 15 games a season for me. When we had problems with injuries you could look to him. Or when I needed his tackling for certain games then he would play."

Ahh fair enough then! 

• Like 1

Smith terms have been agreed with the agent and he's wanting to come here, however the valuation of the player remains a sticking point as Rotherham want close to £1million.

Personally I wouldn't even be paying 500k for him.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Smith terms have been agreed with the agent and he's wanting to come here, however the valuation of the player remains a sticking point as Rotherham want close to £1million.

Agreed, if we're paying close to £1m for someone of that age and standard then we're mugs. 

I'd much prefer us to not go for promotion and buy four youngsters who we can develop and keep some and sell some on for profit to help build a more solid team. But at the moment we're getting Hoilett, Ameobi and Smith with no sell-on or long-term plan. It's just pointless. You get promoted and they'd do *** all. 

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

That same interview he has also gone from wanting 8-9 to 6-7 so we are right on schedule for a 3-4 is fine at the end of the window.

If we get 4 players we will littely have a squad of 20 players to start the season 😂

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Agreed, if we're paying close to £1m for someone of that age and standard then we're mugs. 

I'd much prefer us to not go for promotion and buy four youngsters who we can develop and keep some and sell some on for profit to help build a more solid team. But at the moment we're getting Hoilett, Ameobi and Smith with no sell-on or long-term plan. It's just pointless. You get promoted and they'd do *** all. 

Signing players like that and you can count out the play off push imo. 

Those types of signings are lower half league signings and show no ambition whatsoever but it's all we can afford unless we shift on Saville, Spence and Akpom

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Signing players like that and you can count out the play off push imo. 

Those types of signings are lower half league signings and show no ambition whatsoever but it's all we can afford unless we shift on Saville, Spence and Akpom

Or actually get them playing to their full potential?

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Thanks for info mate. Do you know what we are offering?

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Ameobi, to me, is just that. He can play either side, so he's probably slightly more versatile than Johnson, and he's a bit quicker. 

It wouldn't be a signing that I'd be overly pleased with, but I would assume that he also wouldn't be being looked at as someone who would start 30+ games, would be free, and would probably be on manageable wages. 

Really awkward to play against too, he's not marquee signing or is going to guarantee us goals but he's versatile and look at the forest message boards he's well thought of.

Not a bad addition on a free

2 hours ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Or actually get them playing to their full potential?

10 goals in 40 odd isn't exactly bad either, outscored Dieidhou, Lyle Taylor and many other good players. You know what you're getting with him and he's certainly a type of striker we don't have

28 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bolasie is training with Spalding United in order to keep up his fitness, just in case anyone was worried he's left the country. We're still interested.

Haven’t they just signed Marcus Maddison for another year?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""