Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Some very telling comments from NW post match.

I think its safe to assume given Fletcher has been fit for sometime and still rarely gets minutes he has informed club he wants to leave in summer and NW sees no point.

I note few weeks ago he was hoping to give Marvin Johnson a run of games but he another who not getting a start despite NW signing his praises. Another who wants to go play regular football probs.

Warnock said there are “3 or 4 players who dont want to be here”.

If i was a betting a man i would say it is Britt, Fletcher and Johnaon he referring to.

I also think there are question marks over future of Chuba and Spence.

Mentioned it in the match thread but he seemed to be calling people out from their performances, not just the squad as a whole. Which is why I'm so confused about what he's actually complaining about. Clearly Spence is one based on all that, maybe Saville?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HES 20 YEARS OLD.  I've said this so many times, the majority of players his age haven't even made a first team appearance yet and are still developing in the underage groups or in the lower divi

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉 It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality sea

The reality is, Evans is not much good on the pitch so the easy thing to do is just not sign him. That solves the terrible PR problem which the club might have.  If he was a 20 goal a season stri

Posted Images

Warnock name checked a few today. He said i “have told likes of “grant, paddy, jonny, duncan” that next season will be better. Those that want to be here”

He then went on to name check the four injured players in dijksteel, fry, tav and morsy as being important.

I think on top of them 8 u can add Bola, Saville and Fisher to make the 11 that will stay.

You got the 3 i mentioned who want to leave and 2 in chuba and spence who warnock will happily let go imo.

Then the likes of Bettinelli, Archer, Kebano, Bolasie and NML to probably leave.

So from my count that is 11 staying and 10 possibly leaving.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Who don't we have question marks about? 

If we want to be an average mid-table team then our squad is fine but which players are good enough for a promotion push? 

Fry, McNair, Tav, Dijksteel, Bola maybe? Can't think of many more..

Bolasie and kebano are more than good enough if they stick around. Watmore and hall are top half championship players easily. That leaves us a gk, striker and 2 midfielders away from having a very strong first 11. Not a million miles off if you ask me. I think that if we played to the strengths of the squad we have right now we could and probably should have made it into the top 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Mentioned it in the match thread but he seemed to be calling people out from their performances, not just the squad as a whole. Which is why I'm so confused about what he's actually complaining about. Clearly Spence is one based on all that, maybe Saville?

Yeah you could be write about Saville. Odd one is Saville as he can score important goals but my god do games just pass him by on the whole.

Forgot to mention Wing and Coulson. Think Warnock likes both their attitudes but whether they remain is another matter

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Bolasie and kebano are more than good enough if they stick around. Watmore and hall are top half championship players easily. That leaves us a gk, striker and 2 midfielders away from having a very strong first 11. Not a million miles off if you ask me. I think that if we played to the strengths of the squad we have right now we could and probably should have made it into the top 6.

Yeah I agree with most of that, this squad is better than the league position we are in. Warnock hasn't got the best out of the team since January and that's a fact. 

For next season I'm assuming that the loan players will go back though so I was thinking of the squad without them. In my opinion we don't have a keeper, our back 4 is ok but the players there still make a number of mistakes and we need to be better there. 

I think we lack a quality player or two in midfield. Players like Howson and Saville are solid but they aren't players that will get you into the top 2 and we'll have no decent strikers soon. 

I'm thinking about a team that will be challenging for the top two and if that's the goal we are still quite a few players short. Maybe we are closer to a top 6 squad with a few additions but surely the goal has to be higher than that. 

I just think how many of our players would get into Norwich's team or our promotion winning team under Karanka. Not many at all in my opinion. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

GK x2

Versatile defender.

Wingers x3

Strikers x2 (If Chuba stays as 3rd choice)

We need 8 players imo.

Could do with a couple decent centre mids too, like Mowatt for example, I don't think howsons legs will last much longer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Could do with a couple decent centre mids too, like Mowatt for example, I don't think howsons legs will last much longer.

I agree but my estimation is not on what I think we need but what NW will target. It seems clear Howson will be a strong part of his favoured 11. I imagine along with Dijksteel, Fry Paddy, Bola Morsy and Tav. Which leaves 4 positions to fill in the starting 11. A GK, two wide men and a target man striker

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I agree but my estimation is not on what I think we need but what NW will target. It seems clear Howson will be a strong part of his favoured 11. I imagine along with Dijksteel, Fry Paddy, Bola Morsy and Tav. Which leaves 4 positions to fill in the starting 11. A GK, two wide men and a target man striker

Do you not think we might have to cash in on someone to wheel and deal? 

It'd probably be out if Fry/McNair and Tav who'd get interest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dan1234 I dont think we will need to wheel and deal as i think our ability to sign new players will come from the saving we made on wages along with free transfers.
 

Britt and Fletch will leave. NW has touched upon the fact we made fairly decent wage savings last summer too. The number of big hitters that left was not reflected in the number of players we signed on long term deals.

I think Stojanovic will leave and we might get some money for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Some very telling comments from NW post match.

I think its safe to assume given Fletcher has been fit for sometime and still rarely gets minutes he has informed club he wants to leave in summer and NW sees no point.

I note few weeks ago he was hoping to give Marvin Johnson a run of games but he another who not getting a start despite NW signing his praises. Another who wants to go play regular football probs.

Warnock said there are “3 or 4 players who dont want to be here”.

If i was a betting a man i would say it is Britt, Fletcher and Johnaon he referring to.

I also think there are question marks over future of Chuba and Spence.

I think Chuba has every right to not want to play for Warnock after his comments about him a few weeks back...

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty depressing reading these posts, I have to say.

If any of these rumours are true, we're gonna end up losing some of our best players, along with the dead wood.

Just another reason for me not to have any hope next season, if Warnock is also alienating them, by continuing not to pick them when fit, or throwing them under the bus in press conferences.

I guess we'll find out if he knows what he's doing come pre-season, but right now its not looking too clever.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Duvel said:

Yeah I agree with most of that, this squad is better than the league position we are in. Warnock hasn't got the best out of the team since January and that's a fact. 

For next season I'm assuming that the loan players will go back though so I was thinking of the squad without them. In my opinion we don't have a keeper, our back 4 is ok but the players there still make a number of mistakes and we need to be better there. 

I think we lack a quality player or two in midfield. Players like Howson and Saville are solid but they aren't players that will get you into the top 2 and we'll have no decent strikers soon. 

I'm thinking about a team that will be challenging for the top two and if that's the goal we are still quite a few players short. Maybe we are closer to a top 6 squad with a few additions but surely the goal has to be higher than that. 

I just think how many of our players would get into Norwich's team or our promotion winning team under Karanka. Not many at all in my opinion. 

Agree. Also its not just a strong first XI we need, if we want to push for promotion we're also going to to need decent cover on the bench.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

DZ has already hinted that Fry may be off, perhaps he’s one of the players that doesn’t want to be at the club. 

Fry absolutely wants to remain at the club. Has no plans to leave.

He's a home boy and just moved into a new house in Nunthorpe 👍.

I think the 3 previous managers talking about problems with players attitudes just highlights what's been wrong at the club for a long while. Luckily a few of them are moving on this summer.  And they will be in a big shock when they don't get anywhere near the current money they are currently earning.

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...