Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread


Recommended Posts

I doubt Fry wants to leave in any way shape or form but I would not be surprised if Norwich on Ben's recommendation came sniffing to add to their squad for next season as well as preparation if they drop down again. Similar with Bournemouth if they go up and Woodgate tries to entice him down to the South Coast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we buy Peterboroughs scouting team instead?

HES 20 YEARS OLD.  I've said this so many times, the majority of players his age haven't even made a first team appearance yet and are still developing in the underage groups or in the lower divi

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉 It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality sea

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

DZ has already hinted that Fry may be off, perhaps he’s one of the players that doesn’t want to be at the club. 

It's more a case of if we want to buy any players in the summer, we need to sell first and he's our most sellable asset, sadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

DZ has already hinted that Fry may be off, perhaps he’s one of the players that doesn’t want to be at the club. 

When has he hinted that?

He's outright said that neither Tav or Fry will be sold this summer in the press.

He could be wrong, but I don't think he's ever once hinted either will leave this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

When has hinted that?

A while ago I suggested there was more to Fry's injury than the club were letting on. I should make it clear I haven't been told anything, I am not ITK at all!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

A while ago I suggested there was more to Fry's injury than the club were letting on. I should make it clear I haven't been told anything, I am not ITK at all!

Hahaha, sorry, I read DZ as NW for some reason. 

That'll teach me to only half pay attention.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's more a case of if we want to buy any players in the summer, we need to sell first and he's our most sellable asset, sadly.

Can’t see it happening, but McNair could be a saleable asset. If Fry and Hall are fit does he play ahead of them? Does he offer enough in midfield for the price tag we could receive? 
Just thinking out loud hear, obviously wouldn’t want to sell him, don’t think Warnock does either. We also need GOOD depth next year, not just a starting 11. 
Think him, Fry and Tav are out saleable assets. Fry and Tav imo are much more important to the 11 then McNair atm. Hopefully we don’t have to sell any of them though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Warnock at Rotherham game today. Would he be there to scout a player(s) or there because we have them next fixture? Seeing as though we haven't really anything to play for i'd expect the former. I think we'll be in for Juke come the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Warnock at Rotherham game today. Would he be there to scout a player(s) or there because we have them next fixture? Seeing as though we haven't really anything to play for i'd expect the former. I think we'll be in for Juke come the summer.

I expect he's there to scout for the next fixture.

There's nothing to play for but 4 defeats in 5 is bound to concern Warnock, 5 in 6 would be downright worrying. A good portion of the fans are starting to turn, so that slide needs to be halted.

He could also be keeping an eye on Lewis Wing whilst he's there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I expect he's there to scout for the next fixture.

There's nothing to play for but 4 defeats in 5 is bound to concern Warnock, 5 in 6 would be downright worrying. A good portion of the fans are starting to turn, so that slide needs to be halted.

He could also be keeping an eye on Lewis Wing whilst he's there.

Yeah good point about Wing. He's been fairly quiet, but can't say he's done much wrong either. Been quite an entertaining game albeit no goals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Heaton is out of contract at Aston Villa at the end of the season. He has slipped to number 2 behind Emiliano Martinez so surely won't want to spend his last few years of his career sat on the bench. He's currently on £60k a week and Villa supposedly want to offer him a contract extension so he will probably have to take a significant wage cut if we're going to have a chance of signing him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Tom Heaton is out of contract at Aston Villa at the end of the season. He has slipped to number 2 behind Emiliano Martinez so surely won't want to spend his last few years of his career sat on the bench. He's currently on £60k a week and Villa supposedly want to offer him a contract extension so he will probably have to take a significant wage cut if we're going to have a chance of signing him.

Heaton is a premier League goalkeeper all day long, someone will snap him up. Would love him here though

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think the 3 previous managers talking about problems with players attitudes just highlights what's been wrong at the club for a long while. Luckily a few of them are moving on this summer.  And they will be in a big shock when they don't get anywhere near the current money they are currently earning.

 

Bloody hell, not this again?  Look at our results and performances recently, those players haven't been playing, and we are worse if anything.  I mean just think about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HolgateBoy said:

Yeah good point about Wing. He's been fairly quiet, but can't say he's done much wrong either. Been quite an entertaining game albeit no goals.

Lewis Wing seems to be having a great time at Rotherham, seen a lot of praise for him recently from Rotherham based media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Lewis Wing seems to be having a great time at Rotherham, seen a lot of praise for him recently from Rotherham based media.

I am happy to keep Wing. I know he not everyones cup of tea but I dont think NW will be looking to sign any CMs this summer and Wing is different to what we have. Good option to have around the squad. It would cost us more to replace him than any fee we get for him.
 

People might mention Mowatt of Barnsley but i think one of the promoted/relegated teams will move for him as he one of the better bosmans available this summer. We wont get close to matching wages he can get elsewhere

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Yeah that last part was perhaps a bit unnecessary but it was in no way a personal attack.  
    • Don't be obtuse. It is entirely political to claim a poster voted to "stop foreigners taking their jobs" and completely unnecessary. It's still political if it's referring to the UK as well.  
    • If Chilwell is injured, it's slightly more understandable to play Trippier but I would still have put Shaw in over him.
    • He is right though. Brexit is and will have an impact on us. That isn't political, it's fact. We are having to look at cheap lower league options rather than cheap foreign options. Brentford have got promoted at just the right time. Their model wouldn't work in the UK now. Watford's might. They can use their overseas clubs to bed players in. So other than our own youth players we are looking at premier loans, out of contract UK based players or the likes of Dijksteel, Brown and Bola.  One problem is our fans would have binned those 3 off after 6 games. Thankfully we couldn't or chose not to.  We need to adjust our mindset as a club. And hope we can build and effective team with the options we have. It is possible.  But needs time, luck and patience.
    • Not disagreeing as my initial thought was Chilwell or Shaw would have been injured if Trippier was playing LB. But at tournaments they normally name 2 sub keepers don't they?

×
×
  • Create New...