oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-middlesbrough-recruitment-team-works-20112226.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Gazette article mentions we wanted to scout a game in Copenhagen, but due to COVID travel restrictions we couldn't. 

Also mentions that the "gem of a player" Warnock mentioned in the January was/is based in South America.

We should get @SmogDane and @Borodane on the case. On to Copenhagen with you lads

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Could it be this guy? 

Haha. There is absolutely no way we could get him. There is the fee, interest from bigger clubs and he would never join the Championship. Probably not any Copenhagen player that is decent. Do we know which date it was? Perhaps it was the away team. 
If it was a few weeks ago I’d hope it was against AGF and we’re looking at Hausner as a defender. He is going to be a massive player, but likely out of our reach too. A wayward shot could be Patrick Mortensen. Getting on a bit but is suited for the Championship. Brilliant target man and is always fit and works very hard. Probably the most Warnock-esque player in the danish league. Would be attainable. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Apparently it was against Vejle any decent players there?

Wahid Faghir. But he’s probably gone and become one of the most sought after offensive players this season. Only 17 years old. Probably out of our reach due to interest from all over Europe. Can’t really think of anyone else. Could have been their young left back but he’s been sold to New York. 

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Where have you seen that mate?

There is a thread on Fmttm with a picture of the starting lineups that we were supposedly going to watch, but it might be rubbish. 
I’d have thought we were looking at Copenhagen players to be honest. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Where have you seen that mate?

Also @Borodane/ @SmogDane is it conviceable that someone (an non-native) could misconstrue Brøndby, Lyngby or Nordsjælland as Copenhagen? All 3 are based not far from Copenhagen?

Yeah. Maybe not Lyngby and Nordsjælland but Brondby is a possibility. If it’s Brondby I’d look at Maxsø in defense and Frendrup as defensive midfielder. Not really anyone else

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

There is a thread on Fmttm with a picture of the starting lineups that we were supposedly going to watch, but it might be rubbish. 
I’d have thought we were looking at Copenhagen players to be honest. 

Ah fair enough! Think Warnock said it was within the last fortnight, so could potentially be someone from Copenhagen, Vejle or AGF. 

I really can’t see it being players from FC Copenhagen. Their best players will be looking at better leagues and their talent won’t be joining Boro. I’d like their keeper though. Think he would move but they usually get pretty good fees for their first team members. 

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I really can’t see it being players from FC Copenhagen. Their best players will be looking at better leagues and their talent won’t be joining Boro. I’d like their keeper though. Think he would move but they usually get pretty good fees for their first team members. 

I always had that impression as well (from an outside perspective), was it Cardiff that spent £8m on Cornelius?

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""