oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

25 minutes ago, macapes said:

Pathetic response. And from a mod too.

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

37 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This is Brunners having a discussion apparently.  No explanation of why what I said was wrong, just that it was flat out bad.  If only everyone could discuss things like this eh?

That was my first post. I did then explain what I meant by it in my follow up posts, but of course you don't care and disagree therefore there's just no point. I agree my first post on the topic was somewhat flippant but with you it doesn't matter if I explained perfectly what was wrong, because you'd still be right, eh?

35 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's handy being a mod when you can delete your own posts.  It's a shame this facility isn't open to the rest of us.

I did delete a post, good catch. It was simply continuing an argument that didn't need to continue.

6 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

Saw a few pages of posts. Got excited thinking there was some transfer news only to find two lads arguing over the definition of “big man up top”. Talk about getting a floppy on

Welcome to OneBoro 🙂 and excuse me; there were about 4 posts about the big man up top - most of todays posts have been egg puns and I'll have you know I have not been involved in that at all.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

That was my first post. I did then explain what I meant by it in my follow up posts, but of course you don't care and disagree therefore there's just no point. I agree my first post on the topic was somewhat flippant but with you it doesn't matter if I explained perfectly what was wrong, because you'd still be right, eh?

As did I, however when I do it I'm being argumentative and when you do it you're just having a discussion.  Seems kinda weird that two identical things can be so different but there you go.  Your first post was more than somewhat flippant, there was no discussion element to it at all.  I dare say that if I'd posted that then it would have been further evidence of my crappy attitude on here but when you do it, it's just being somewhat flippant.

My initial post was that Crooks had been played up front because of his height, which according to you was a flat out bad opinion.  I'm not sure how exactly you can prove that I'm definitely wrong about that?  In fact you didn't actually attempt to do so anyway.  You then used the term big man, I simply pointed out that big man refers to size, which was my initial opinion, that according to you was flat out bad.  Basically, you've argued the toss for the sake of it, and ended up looking a bit daft, so then tried to turn it back on me, and not for the first time either.  So I'm the bad guy (again) and you're the reasonable one.  Okie dokie 🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

As did I, however when I do it I'm being argumentative and when you do it you're just having a discussion.  Seems kinda weird that two identical things can be so different but there you go.  Your first post was more than somewhat flippant, there was no discussion element to it at all.  I dare say that if I'd posted that then it would have been further evidence of my crappy attitude on here but when you do it, it's just being somewhat flippant.

My initial post was that Crooks had been played up front because of his height, which according to you was a flat out bad opinion.  I'm not sure how exactly you can prove that I'm definitely wrong about that?  In fact you didn't actually attempt to do so anyway.  You then used the term big man, I simply pointed out that big man refers to size, which was my initial opinion, that according to you was flat out bad.  Basically, you've argued the toss for the sake of it, and ended up looking a bit daft, so then tried to turn it back on me, and not for the first time either.  So I'm the bad guy (again) and you're the reasonable one.  Okie dokie 🤷‍♂️

I'll take this to PM because I don't want to clutter up the thread anymore.

Don't waste your time.  You've done what you wanted to do, which is to try and make me look like the bad guy on here.  I'm not interested in any of your PM's but I won't post again on the subject either.

I'm surprised we aren't in for Keinan Davis as well (maybe we are). I really like what I've seen of the guy, although his finishing is absolutely dreadful. He always looks a threat and he could be perfect in Warnock's system.

5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'm surprised we aren't in for Keinan Davis as well (maybe we are). I really like what I've seen of the guy, although his finishing is absolutely dreadful. He always looks a threat and he could be perfect in Warnock's system.

After that glowing reference I am not sure how we haven't already signed him

• Haha 5

Anyone who has been following the friendlies more closely than me, can you tell me what formations we have played?  The same one or different ones?  I mean the starting formations more than in game changes.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Anyone who has been following the friendlies more closely than me, can you tell me what formations we have played?  The same one or different ones?  I mean the starting formations more than in game changes.

Played 3 at the back against Tavistock apparently. A 4-3-3/ 4-2-3-1 in the earlier.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""