• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

On 3/13/2021 at 4:29 PM, Borodane said:

I suppose it could be Zanka who is just on loan from Fenerbache where he doesn’t have a future. 

Bundu is also on loan at Copenhagen too, could potentially be him? He's not been at Anderlecht long, but going out on loan might be a small indicator he isn't wanted (in the short term at least)?

Would also fit in terms of the position he plays.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Bundu is also on loan at Copenhagen too, could potentially be him? He's not been at Anderlecht long, but going out on loan might be a small indicator he isn't wanted (in the short term at least)?

Would also fit in terms of the position he plays.

Ah yes completely forgot about him. Well spotted. Was at "my" club before being sold to Anderlecht. Was a real monster last season but hasn't hit the ground running at Anderlecht and they do not give players much time to adapt. Anderlecht paid around 2,5-3 million pounds for him and I reckon we could get him for less than 2 million. Problem is he might be more willing to move to Copenhagen and play european football and battle to win trophies every season as opposed to play in the championship.

Anderlecht have another player out on loan who they desperately want to offload. Bubacarr Sanneh. They paid 6 million for him and never really gave him a chance. Such a weird transfer for them. Strong as an ox and very quick. Good on deadballs. In january it was mooted that they were ready to let him go on a free just to get him out, but his wages are too high for Danish clubs to take him on a permanent. 

Bundu and Sanneh are definately two players I would be looking at, but I'm not sure they would get work permits though. Bundu actually played in the 7th tier in England before going to Denmark years ago. Hereford I think it was.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

If Birmingham go down I'd take their bela he looks good every time I seen them

Pedersen for competition at LB would also be decent, but I suppose we need to manage our money and not spend significant amounts on competition. 

Teamtalk is the equivalent for transfers of teletext premium phoneline - when you wanted to find out more you’d need to ring a premium rate phone number which could cost you up to £4 a minute to tell you a load of made up nonsense!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Youngy228 said:

Teamtalk is the equivalent for transfers of teletext premium phoneline - when you wanted to find out more you’d need to ring a premium rate phone number which could cost you up to £4 a minute to tell you a load of made up nonsense!!

I remember phoning team talk to find out that we’d signed someone called Hamilton Ricard, I’d never heard of him and in those days it was very difficult to get any more information about this mysterious Columbian! 

I remember being reliant on Teletext and newspapers for Boro news - premium-rate phone numbers were a bit beyond my means when I earned £1.94 an hour stacking shelves at Somerfield!

Nowadays, all you have to do is go onto Wikipedia to discover Ricard signed his contract on a napkin because MFC forgot to send any paperwork over.

Anyone who didn't know the Boro as well as we do might assume this club hasn't always been a paragon of Teutonic precision and efficiency...

It's funny that since the rumoured January interest, the only team Diedhiou has scored against is Middlesbrough. 

That's 11 games and he's played virtually the full match in every one.

2 goals and an assist against us, absolutely nothing against anyone else.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's funny that since the rumoured January interest, the only team Diedhiou has scored against is Middlesbrough. 

That's 11 games and he's played virtually the match in every one.

2 goals and an assist against us, absolutely nothing against anyone else.

He was showing us what he could do and now he's tanking his value in the eyes of everyone else. Clever guy.

3 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I remember being reliant on Teletext and newspapers for Boro news - premium-rate phone numbers were a bit beyond my means when I earned £1.94 an hour stacking shelves at Somerfield!

Nowadays, all you have to do is go onto Wikipedia to discover Ricard signed his contract on a napkin because MFC forgot to send any paperwork over.

Anyone who didn't know the Boro as well as we do might assume this club hasn't always been a paragon of Teutonic precision and efficiency...

Ha ha, we’ve always “struggled to get signings over the line” it’s nothing new. Back in 1998 I was working as a graphic designer (wasn’t everyone in the 90’s?) so I could afford the phone calls I even invested in a desktop computer and a dial up modem later on that year.
There wasn’t that much of interest on the internet in those days, mostly chat rooms as I remember. It was pretty freaky being able to join a chat room and talk to people from all over the world but I couldn’t get any info on Hamilton Ricard!

• Like 1

Chat rooms ...  that takes me back...  remember talking to someone  online in the mid-nineties and ended up taking about going to a gig in Newcastle..  he said he had worked with the guy behind the Arena ..  turned out I was speaking to a Mr E. Burdon..  nice guy but didn't want to go public ..  been years since I thought of that 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""