Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Has Spence been sold yet?

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉

image.png.0fa4d3905ffb9f31b5a69daafb1a2440.png

It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality season next year people will forget the fact they ever wanted rid of him this time round.

Obviously not saying I expect that level of improvement from Spence. I also didn't think Fry had a good season last year as much as I didn't want to sell him but comments like that are mad, mate. He was 22, was in a team that all round had a bad season and should never have been down there and you made comments like that, any sort of monetary offer! It's why when you say 200k for Spence and I'm just like... whaaaaaaat!? 😄

  • Like 7
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we buy Peterboroughs scouting team instead?

HES 20 YEARS OLD.  I've said this so many times, the majority of players his age haven't even made a first team appearance yet and are still developing in the underage groups or in the lower divi

Some rare positivity from me, but I don't have a problem with the Lumley signing at all. He's young for a keeper, on a free, has a point to prove and by all accounts has a good attitude. We know

Posted Images

Spence walking around is Barragan levels of laziness.

Remember before he randomly broke through with Woodgate he was going to be released because of his attitude.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉

image.png.0fa4d3905ffb9f31b5a69daafb1a2440.png

It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality season next year people will forget the fact they ever wanted rid of him this time round.

Obviously not saying I expect that level of improvement from Spence. I also didn't think Fry had a good season last year as much as I didn't want to sell him but comments like that are mad, mate. He was 22, was in a team that all round had a bad season and should never have been down there and you made comments like that, any sort of monetary offer! It's why when you say 200k for Spence and I'm just like... whaaaaaaat!? 😄

eye fry was being exposed for pace because w were all over the place. spence is some way off frys level atm but thats not the case. in future djed may be better who knows,

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Spence isn't even Championship level, and I'll bet you money that this is the highest level he'll ever play at.

I wont make the bet with you but your offer of a bet would be more credible if you said “spence at best is championship level and he wont play at a level higher than this”.

Its almost contradictory to say you don't think he is championship level but then ask people to make a bet with you that means you win the bet if he continues to play at championship level.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Has Fry been sold yet? 😉

image.png.0fa4d3905ffb9f31b5a69daafb1a2440.png

It is mad seeing how different Fry is viewed compared to last season through some people's eyes. Similar to Spence this season, if Spence stays and has a quality season next year people will forget the fact they ever wanted rid of him this time round.

Obviously not saying I expect that level of improvement from Spence. I also didn't think Fry had a good season last year as much as I didn't want to sell him but comments like that are mad, mate. He was 22, was in a team that all round had a bad season and should never have been down there and you made comments like that, any sort of monetary offer! It's why when you say 200k for Spence and I'm just like... whaaaaaaat!? 😄

I'd sell Fry tbh

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

eye fry was being exposed for pace because w were all over the place. spence is some way off frys level atm but thats not the case. in future djed may be better who knows,

Frys entire problem seemed to be having to play on the left side of defence. Almost as soon as he went back to central in a 3 or on the right of a two, he was back to his best again.

  • Like 6
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Frys entire problem seemed to be having to play on the left side of defence. Almost as soon as he went back to central in a 3 or on the right of a two, he was back to his best again.

If you remember he was almost like an orthodox left back at times in where he was being called into action.  Although I don't think he was as bad as others made out anyway.  Some of his 'mistakes' were really other players mistakes but he got the blame for them.

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

If you remember he was almost like an orthodox left back at times in where he was being called into action.  Although I don't think he was as bad as others made out anyway.  Some of his 'mistakes' were really other players mistakes but he got the blame for them.

A fair point; I will say that I think a lot of his mistakes were like chain mistakes as he was out of position covering someone elses original mistake, but he was definitely far, far below the level we know he can play at.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • I'm so happy to read considered opinions on the subject, i must admit I've been lazy and only getting my boro chat from the Gazette website comments sections recently which are jam packed with very very dubious posts about politics and Marxism and subverting everything that is english by taking the knee.   I'm very interested to see what happens, if an england player scores then takes the knee. The perma outraged booing mob will be conflicted af and so I'm sure it's going to happen.    Reading comments here has restored my faith fair play to oneboro, I will not stray again...    living in NZ now so I'm excited about the euros, but not enough to watch at 1am with work in the morning!    in the past I was always excited, then we'd do rubbish, so I lost hope, then just fudge through the group stages and start to look up for it in the knockout phase getting me excited again only to crash out in controversial or underwhelming performance circumstances.   now it's fair to say I get more excited as the tournament wears on, always with a shield around my heart in case we get knocked out by a hand of god or uncounted goal that bounced a yard behind the line. we had a bit of luck in '66, but I think we've paid for it ever since.   a young squad with a lot of potential and a very intelligent manager, I'm hoping we put on a show for everyone.   UTB and come on england!
    • It's been all over the place since Eindhoven.
    • we realy don't know how the club operates behind the scene.    
    • im guessing you are trying the same tactic as me - end up at that bottom and then in the knockout stages swoop to eliminate a top seed!!! 
    • Lets hope he gets the team right. England expects. Will he start Grealish, is Maguire fit? 

×
×
  • Create New...