oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

36 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Honestly, I wouldn't give a toss.  He has scored goals for us, probably not as many as we'd like, certainly this season, but it's hardly been Gestede like.  The guy we are linked to up there has 8 goals this season, Assombalonga has 5 and he's terrible.  12 goals last season while Assombalonga got 11 in fewer mins, 13 goals the season before while Assombalonga got 14 in fewer mins, then 13 again the season before that while Assombalonga got 15 in more mins.  Assombalonga is a decent Championship goalscorer who we massively overpaid for, which is on us, not him.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but what are Diedhiou's assist totals like in that time? Britt has like 2 or something silly in the entire 4 year period he's been here, so that's one area I'd be hoping to improve on!

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm too lazy to look it up, but what are Diedhiou's assist totals like in that time? Britt has like 2 or something silly in the entire 4 year period he's been here, so that's one area I'd be hoping to improve on!

46 goals and 8 assists in 148 Championship appearances, nothing spectacular but if that's a free signing then you can't really fault it.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Britt has 4, Diedhiou has 8.  

• Like 1

As @Changing Times said i could not give two f@*ks where Britt ends up. He has all but left anyway.

what i am more interested in his the telegraph link to Diedhiou. Is there a link to that article please?

I think Doedhiou is best option out there this summer in terms of what we looking for. People will point out that Britt and him have a similar goalscoring record so why get excited over one and dismiss other. However, i think to make a direct comparison like that misses the point entirely in terms of they overall contribution the two would make to our team and fitting in to our style of play.

Diedhiou is a much better fit to what NW wants to do and will offer this team in terms of how we play much more than Britt has or can. 

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

As @Changing Times said i could not give two f@*ks where Britt ends up. He has all but left anyway.

what i am more interested in his the telegraph link to Diedhiou. Is there a link to that article please?

I think Doedhiou is best option out there this summer in terms of what we looking for. People will point out that Britt and him have a similar goalscoring record so why get excited over one and dismiss other. However, i think to make a direct comparison like that misses the point entirely in terms of they overall contribution the two would make to our team and fitting in to our style of play.

Diedhiou is a much better fit to what NW wants to do and will offer this team in terms of how we play much more than Britt has or can. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/03/16/mike-mcgraths-transfer-notebookmanchester-united-eye-sporting/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr

This is the link inside the HITC article, but it's paywalled so I have no idea where in that it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

trick with this paywall is to stop the paywall from loading, press the X (appears over the refres icon) before the page disappears and the paywall appears 

Middlesbrough eye Bristol City forward

Middlesbrough are interested in taking Bristol City striker Famara Diédhiou on a free transfer this summer when his contract expires at Ashton Gate. 

The Senegal striker, 28, can talk to clubs about a pre-contract for next season and Boro want him to bolster Neil Warnock’s attack, with Britt Assombalonga set to depart the Riverside. 

Diédhiou has scored 10 goals this season in his fourth season in England after his move from Angers in France. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Can't imagine NML leaving now Warnock is staying.

Hopefully this will mean Bolasie stays on as well. Rooting for Fulham to stay up if we get Kebano back on loan that would be ideal.

For me, we then need another keeper and 2 strikers first and foremost.

Wood will step up to the first team and I expect Hackney to do the same.

If we are going to continue with hoofball next season (99% probability) then we may aswell sign a striker to make us accomplished playing that way. Diedhiou is nowhere near that, he is a slightly taller Britt but has the same weaknesses. *** poor first touch and link up play, he doesnt press well either.

No idea who is around but someone with pace, strength a good first touch and link up play is what we need. I was impressed with Uche Ikpeazu when I've seen him a couple of times. His finishing is crap and he can look a bit ungainly and raw but I think he could be a good fit for our (lack of) playstyle.

“Not just the three that I brought off, there could have been two or three others I brought off who I was disappointed in as well.

We've known all along what we need for next season and this has just magnified what we need for next season.It was like playing with eight men at times. Next season we should have 11”

Warnock after todays game. Clearly not impressed with Spence, Yannick or Chuba and a few others it seems.

He seems soo determined to fix our problems as its glaringly obvious them 3 forward positions is where he wishes to strengthen. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""