oneBoro Forum

Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""

19 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If you think pressing is his problem then we’re watching a different player. Besides pressing and tackling I can add pace and technique. He offers very little apart from a screamer now and then. If we want to be a lower half club then by all means keep him. If we genuinely want to challenge for a top 6 then get rid. 

No I don't think pressing is his problem, I think it's one defensive duty he can actually do, cause he can run all game. 

He does have technique, I don't understand what people are watching when they think he doesn't. He is just misused and low on confidence so now everyone thinks he's some shitter. 

He's got a great range of passing, good technique and he can score from anywhere. Play him in a spot that lets him make use of his talents and I'm almost 100% certain he will shine.

• Like 1
  • Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

Plenty of players released by Bristol City, any people fancy?

The obvious stand out is Diedhiou, although he's basically ended his stay at Bristol City the same way as Assombalonga did here, so that's not a promising sign.

Who else in our squad can score the sort of goals Wing can? That skill simply can't be taught, and I think he's worth having in the matchday squad purely for his long-range abilities. If he's a passenger in most other circumstances, I'd still put up with a lack of team play to have him available in those games which are locked at 0-0 with an hour gone, bringing him off the bench to put the s**ts up tired opposition defenders.

36 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Who else in our squad can score the sort of goals Wing can? That skill simply can't be taught, and I think he's worth having in the matchday squad purely for his long-range abilities. If he's a passenger in most other circumstances, I'd still put up with a lack of team play to have him available in those games which are locked at 0-0 with an hour gone, bringing him off the bench to put the s**ts up tired opposition defenders.

Bola

43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Plenty of players released by Bristol City, any people fancy?

The obvious stand out is Diedhiou, although he's basically ended his stay at Bristol City the same way as Assombalonga did here, so that's not a promising sign.

Walsh looked a very tidy midfield player last season on loan at Coventry (League One). I'd maybe take him with a view to being cover and developing him for a longer term view (one eye on replacing Howson). But we do have Malley in and around the squad who is a similar age (With less league experience), so I wouldn't want Walsh to fill that spot unless we are looking at giving Malley another loan spell.

Then after Walsh maybe Jamie Paterson, he'd  be good cover for the attacking positions, as he is able to play in multiple spots. Wouldn't have him as a first 11 player, but as cover and an option off the bench.

43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

*** it, I'm back. Can't be bothered holding a grudge for too long.

Glad to hear it, too many people agreeing with me these days!

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I see the logic but it depends on his wages. If he's on more than 8k a week Id rather we sell and get someone who can contribute for 90 mins. 

The problem is we want to make some significant signings early in the window. We're not gonna do that by cutting back their wage demands. If Diedhiou is one of those on the top of the list to get done early, essentially before any other clubs come knocking, we will have to pay to get him, there's very little manoeuvring around that.

We can't pretend getting in early is just about speaking to players and selling the dream. Free agents with multiple clubs interested will be looking at the best way they can sell themselves for a bigger contract. Players still under contract will not be sold quickly unless it's part of their current club's strategy to also move quickly in the market to make money available for their own transfers. We almost certainly can't just rush through the first few signings without a cost.

We have to be ambitious in our spending to do things early. And given who is in charge for this season, that bloody terrifies me. The first few signings could have a bigger impact on the long-term than whoever comes in later in the window.

• Like 1

How quickly does he have to sign another contract with an English club if he wants to stay in england? Before the end of June when his Bristol contract officially expires? Does he qualify for a work permit if he leaves the country? Could be pressed on time if he wants to remain in England. Very few continental clubs are going to offer a championship striker a good wage. 

A point raised elsewhere is that if we did sign Diedhiou, he'd likely be away with Senegal at the African Cup of Nations.

That runs from the 9th of January till the 6th of February.

He could be missing for over a month of the season, and couple that with his wage demands.

• Like 2

For what it's worth, he's a Senegalese international and an active one at that. It would be hilarious if Warnock missed out on him because of Brexit, though.

• Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""