• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Offer has been accepted bauser has had his critics but he has pulled masterstrokes on both of these.  Now over to you Leo!  Payero small issues look sorted should be an announcement tomorrow or f

Gibson doing a Gibson. Having another punt, pushing for Bolasie, this Argentinian and money available for a couple more. (Not a lot though) Spence going for £5m

Not been keeping up but Sporar should be sorted by Tuesday 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Was hoping we'd keep him. Actually thought he should have been playing most games. 

He did play most games to be fair. He only got ten full 90s in the league but he played in 42 out of 46 games throughout the league season, which is only behind McNair and Saville. He's 10th in minutes played but the only two players he could play ahead of in the rest of the top 10 are Bola and Tav, neither of which I'd have swapped for Johnson.

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I see the logic but it depends on his wages. If he's on more than 8k a week Id rather we sell and get someone who can contribute for 90 mins. 

With Wing it's pretty simple to me.  He's going to be on a low wage, and he's already here, so you use him as a squad player, and if he's playing well then he gets in the side.  If he isn't he's on the bench.  Either way it's not costing you much, and it's almost certain that a replacement would cost more.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Do we have a rough timeframe for when Browne is back from injury? Will he get a pre-season under his belt, or is he potentially still out injured over the summer?

I think from what I read, he'll come back during next season. Which is a shame.

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Do we have a rough timeframe for when Browne is back from injury? Will he get a pre-season under his belt, or is he potentially still out injured over the summer?

Think NW recently said not till Oct/Nov I think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think from what I read, he'll come back during next season. Which is a shame.

That is a shame, looked to be just finding his feet in terms of impacting a game, then gets a real long term injury.

Reading some of the suggestions on here makes me nervous. I hope we are looking to sign first team starters and not back up players. There is no point in signing back ups to players that finished 10th in the Championship not unless we are looking to finish 15th next season! We need better than we have, not back ups to a sea of underwhelming bottlers.

On the Diedhiou topic, put simply he isn't worth anything like he was being paid at Bristol. We have just rid ourselves of two of those exact same types of Strikers in Fletcher and Assombalonga so why on earth we would bring in another overpaid, mediocre, hot and cold striker?

Add in the supposed "issues/injuries" that he finished the season with and I'd say he is exactly the sort of player that we don't want to sign either very early or very late. Not at all would be my preference. The last thing we want is a player with an inflated sense of importance on higher wages than the rest of the squad who begrudgingly contributes 10 goals a season (or maybe 12 if he can be bothered), with three of them like as not coming in the Carabao Cup against Harrogate on a Tuesday night in late August.

• Like 6
48 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah no chance he's getting a pre-season then. Coming back that late into the year is going to be tough.

It will likely be near Christmas before he is anything like fully fit and then there is the worry in the back of his mind going into challenges. He may find himself out on loan come January to get his career back on track.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Post Mortem Time""
  • Old Codger changed the title to Dan's Summer Transfer Thread. Aka: " Sporar Tomorar?""