oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City 3-0 (Hall, McNair, Mendez-Laing)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the peak of my career .. The 7th best league in Denmark ... 

I watched the entire game today without my laptop freezing (albeit without volume) which was welcome.  I did not think we were outstanding today but I enjoyed watching us which might sound contra

Now who's racist?

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Kelloe said:

Spence?

Wow....

Yeah 

As wingback i find him better than Fisher, but Fisher is the better full back.

That's not rocket science 🚀🚀

• Wow 1

I'm of the opinion that the season is over for us even if Barnsley only draw tonight, so I would play the formation that Warnock is planning to use next season so the players who'll still be here will have more practice with it.

We're already safe, so there's no real risk.

He's always saying he prefers 4-3-3, so play 4-3-3.

Bettinelli 

Fisher Fry McNair Bola

Howson Morsy Tavernier 

Watmore Akpom Bolasie

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1

The last couple of games have knocked the wind out of our play off push. Even if its mathematically possible, realistically it isn't. 

Hopefully we can use the games that are left to regain our home form ready for next season. 

Stoke have faltered just as much as us recently. So it could be a close game. I'll predict a 1-1. Watmore to score.

The latest 10 games form .. Barnsley and Cardiff have both 24 points .. 

Reading 16 and us and Bounemouth 14 

Bounemouth v Barnsley and Cardif v Watford ... 

If we beat stoke and the above games don't have Barnsley and/or  Cardiff as winners .. We are very much in it still 

Reading are away to Forest .. That's not a given victory for Reading .. 

As I started this post with ..  A lot can happen in 10 games  and we still have 11 games to go, with an already relegated (i guess) Wycombe in the last game

Still possible .. 

Hopefully a full week on training ground done wonders. Going for a 3 - 1 win as we can't keep a cleansheet with butter fingers at moment. Hopefully Tav is back as well. But we should be playing with no fear 

Bettinali 

Fisher.  Fry.    Hall.    Bola

Mcnair.    Morsey 

Kebano.       Tav.             Bolasie 

Akpom 

We just gotta win every game next week to have a chance at the playoffs in my calculations as if we do can be like 4 points off playoffs going into international break and will be coming up against Bournmouth Barnsley etc so very much is a chance just gotta win the games 

Edited by DurhamRed
12 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm of the opinion that the season is over for us even if Barnsley only draw tonight, so I would play the formation that Warnock is planning to use next season so the players who'll still be here will have more practice with it.

We're already safe, so there's no real risk.

He's always saying he prefers 4-3-3, so play 4-3-3.

Bettinelli 

Fisher Fry McNair Bola

Howson Morsy Tavernier 

Watmore Akpom Bolasie

The season isn't over, if we put a winning run together over the next half a dozen games we'll close that gap right up. 

I know its unlikely on current form but teams have done it before. 

Pick the team and formation that gives you the best chance to win the game. 

47 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

With Mr Steele not available for rest of season I woud have thought that we will need to be more attacking in intent as we are a little bit short in defenders

😱 what madness do you speak of Alan? 🤭

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

With Mr Steele not available for rest of season I woud have thought that we will need to be more attacking in intent as we are a little bit short in defenders

It's surely not a problem as long as we don't play 3 at the back.

11 more games to go, rotate if there's a risk raised by the sports science lot.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's surely not a problem as long as we don't play 3 at the back.

11 more games to go, rotate if there's a risk raised by the sports science lot.

I expect us to play fry hall and McNair as our Cb 3. Don't like the thought of fry as one of the outside centre backs though, doesn't play to his strengths at all.

How much are you looking forward to this game?

Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

I may have some drying paint that needs to be watched...

Will we have as many talking points as the last game?

pop tv no GIF by Schitt's Creek

Depends on whether there is as much controversy as last game. Doubt that will happen 2 games in a row.

Do you think we will have as many posts as last game (currently 840 and a season high)

See above answer.

Is top 6 too late?

Too Late GIF by memecandy

The die is cast...the stone is set etc. To make up the 8-point gap to Barnsley we need to go on an unbeaten run...and we're just too inconsistent to do that. The team above us aren't going to drop enough points either.

Can we be the best of the rest?

Maya Rudolph Idk GIF by Saturday Night Live

At this point a Top 10 finish about as much as we can hope for.

What do we have to do to improve home form (apart from the obvious)

make everything ok GIF

Defend better...keep possession better...control the midfield better...get the ball to our strikers more often...have strikers who can actually find the goal. You get the picture.

Your preferred starting 11

Assuming we still have no fit left-backs, I'd stick with 5-3-2, which still ought to be okay against the 4-2-3-1 Stoke played against Reading.

1329583701_BorovsStoke.PNG.0b8259a142f33ef5c6f6097b0dc5028f.PNG

Have to be honest, I expect this to be dull as dishwater. As DS mentioned in his original post, I think both teams will be more scared of losing, than focused on winning, so I expect excitement and talking points to be limited. 

I think this is definitely a winnable match for Boro, but we do struggle to break down teams that set up to defend. If we do score it will likely come down to one of those rare quick counter-attacks that actually have an end product, or a goalmouth scramble from a set-piece. More likely to be a bore draw though.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 2

Do you think that Bola will be encouraged to hang around the 18 yard box when balls are cleared following a cross, corner or a mazy dribble so that he can smack any loose ball towards goal?

Gosh I wonder if there is anyone called Masie Dribble?

Almost as bad as Justin Case and Justin Thyme😆

my mother claimed to have gone to school with a Norah Bone..  always used her middle name though as it made life easier for her.. and I definitely remember watching a film that had an actor with the surname Obuga ..  though I have no idea how it is pronounced... used to be a regular feature on "That's Life" after someone took a photo of an estate agents office with the name of Robin B'stard..  so sure there's many other examples.  

• Haha 4