oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City 3-0 (Hall, McNair, Mendez-Laing)

Weird first half.

A half of two halves. First 20 we were as bad as we've been all season, second half we've been as good as we've been all season. We took our chances and they didn't so we probably deserve to be in front. 

Hopefully we keep the momentum going in the second half and score early to lift the pressure.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the peak of my career .. The 7th best league in Denmark ... 

I watched the entire game today without my laptop freezing (albeit without volume) which was welcome.  I did not think we were outstanding today but I enjoyed watching us which might sound contra

Now who's racist?

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Snow? It’s the pitch cover isn’t it?

Oh it could just be water, when the ball hit it I saw stuff fly up off the surface that looked like snow, but maybe it was just water! Also thought I saw some sort of shovel but again might well be wrong!

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Akpom doing great in the hold up play today

He is and he looks sharp. Bolasie has played well too. Once we got the goal i thought we decided to stop hoofing it as much and play some okay footy. That second goal was a lovely counter attack. 

Well it was a slow-burner to start with, but it seems Boro clicked into gear after Warnock changed the shape.

Was great to see us play some nice, flowing football, after the turgid hoofball of the first 15-20 minutes.

Think we're good value for our 2-0 lead. Stoke started with real intent and created a couple of early chances, but after that they rarely looked like troubling Bettinelli.

Just hope we can repeat the performance second half. Great job so far lads! 👏

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Bolasie is so fun to watch live. I hope he's still here next season when fans are back in.

Yeah, he's been a great signing to watch, I was wrong to write him off.

Technically has an assist now, I guess, though he should have 2 and a goal.

Not sure we could justify wage demands if he's wanting even a quarter of what he's on at Everton.

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lol it hasn't snowed here in weeks

We've had a little bit, but not much.  I'm on the edge of the Dales.  There is more snow to come at some point because it's still lying in the dykes.