oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City 3-0 (Hall, McNair, Mendez-Laing)

Thinking about the next one, Preston are in a early position of realistically they are not going down and they are not getting playoffs. That either goes one of 2 ways they play with freedom so really difficult to play against or they are thinking of their summer break and just want it all over. Hopefully its the latter, probably would be nice to start off really well against them to make them not fancy it.  

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the peak of my career .. The 7th best league in Denmark ... 

I watched the entire game today without my laptop freezing (albeit without volume) which was welcome.  I did not think we were outstanding today but I enjoyed watching us which might sound contra

Now who's racist?

Posted Images

Lmao who was it who said if we win today people will start talking about making the playoffs again?

We're not good enough. Warnock staying next season is a clear sign that we'll be challenging then. If by some miraculous reason we did get into the playoffs, there's no way we'd win them, we're far too inconsistent.

6 minutes ago, thomas said:

Thinking about the next one, Preston are in a early position of realistically they are not going down and they are not getting playoffs. That either goes one of 2 ways they play with freedom so really difficult to play against or they are thinking of their summer break and just want it all over. Hopefully its the latter, probably would be nice to start off really well against them to make them not fancy it.  

Hmmmmm, I might use some of this in my Preston M/D thread!🙂

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Lmao who was it who said if we win today people will start talking about making the playoffs again?

We're not good enough. Warnock staying next season is a clear sign that we'll be challenging then. If by some miraculous reason we did get into the playoffs, there's no way we'd win them, we're far too inconsistent.

And that could be the reason we could win the play offs🙃

This post was added purely for @Blanco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It took him a couple of months to get some sharpness back but NML these past 2 short cameo's has shown his quality. If I was NW I might start talking to Gibson about tying him down past the summer,last thing he'll want is us spending the time getting him fit and a relegated club like Sheffield United or WBA picking him up on a free.

I thought it was a solid performance today we countered well and sat in for spells whilst maintaining our shape.

• Like 1

Well, think we improved from the minute that Paddy moved out of defence into midfield. much more effective in a positive role and gave us the edge in the centre ..  Hall seems to be improving by the game and think Fry is benefitting from a calm head beside him. Spence showing a bit more confidence and can't really say anybody had a bad game. Also, can't remember thinking " How did he miss that" at any point. We are now safe from relegation and although I think we won't make play offs, we can influence them , so still plenty of interest in the season. Still wouldn't like to decide who is going to be promoted or relegated .. Wycombe getting a few points lately just to keep it interesting but given the fact that there is always one team that falls to bits on the run-in, only prediction I am going to make is Norwich may finish in top two.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Uwe said:

I don’t know why but I’ve just got a horrible feeling that it’s gonna be one of those days (please don’t Penguin me) 

Always trust your gut feeling. 

Unless your gut it’s taking absolute *** that is 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Blanco said:

Do you mean one of those days when we win 4-0 and all the playoffs excitement comes flooding back for another week?

I nearly got it perfect in my reply to you at the time @Uwe

• Like 3

Good result, once we changed formation we clicked into gear today, although like with so many games it could have gone very differently early on. I was delighted with the 3 attacking loan players we brought in and I'd sign up any of the three in a heartbeat if possible. Lots of good performances but I really liked how Johnson and NML played today. If we win our last 10 games we will be in the playoffs, so the season isn't dead, yet. 

A nice 3-0 win inevitably means a 0-1 defeat to Preston for good old inconsistent Boro! 

8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just reading back through the comments and fully understand the positive and uplift it’s given everyone but surly no one believes the playoff is realistic, is there?

It is mathematically possible, and therefore some people will believe it is realistic.  

We would need to go on a consistent winning streak and have 3 of the teams above us implode.  Is it likely that both those things would happen? No - at least not in my opinion.  One without the other would not be enough to sneak into the play offs. 

12 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just reading back through the comments and fully understand the positive and uplift it’s given everyone but surly no one believes the playoff is realistic, is there?

I think there is a very slim chance, purely because we play both Barnsley and Bournemouth, which could allow us to close the gap on both. But we are still relying on them and Cardiff to drop points.

Ultimately I think the defeats to Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham in consecutive home games will cost us.

• Like 2

Barnsley are catchable in 6th, 8 points is nothing when we still have to play them.  

I'm not saying we'll do it because we haven't been consistent enough over the course of the season but its still not over yet.