oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City 3-0 (Hall, McNair, Mendez-Laing)

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I nearly got it perfect in my reply to you at the time @Uwe

Soothsayer  🧙‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the peak of my career .. The 7th best league in Denmark ... 

I watched the entire game today without my laptop freezing (albeit without volume) which was welcome.  I did not think we were outstanding today but I enjoyed watching us which might sound contra

Now who's racist?

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just reading back through the comments and fully understand the positive and uplift it’s given everyone but surly no one believes the playoff is realistic, is there?

No one's saying it's likely, even the most optimistic. But even the most pessimistic have to admit it's not beyond the realm of possibility. It never will be until it's mathematically impossible. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

No one's saying it's likely, even the most optimistic. But even the most pessimistic have to admit it's not beyond the realm of possibility. It never will be until it's mathematically impossible. 

So many games have gone either way but I do really, really think about Blackburn and Swansea and think we got 0 points from those and probably should have had 4-6 more points 😞

• Like 2

Do we reckon that might be the end of Mcnair at CB? Frys had a great season and Hall seems to be up to full speed now. If they both stay fit would you be happy with them in a 2, allowing Paddy to play further forward?

• Like 2

I watched the entire game today without my laptop freezing (albeit without volume) which was welcome. 

I did not think we were outstanding today but I enjoyed watching us which might sound contradictory. I liked other aspects of our game. Firstly, the ability to change tactics and formation when it became clear it was not working was welcome. I thought we defended well on the whole for first hour but did ride our luck in the second half on set pieces. I did think we were fairly clinical with our chances today which was welcome and it was good to see us break with pace and numbers which is obviously helped by having wingers with pace.

Special mention to Bettinelli as he had a good game and if not for some of his saves it could have been a very nervy finish.

I like the energy the 3 January wide players bring the team.

Paddy was very impressive in that role.

And a rather odd comment to make but I do like how effective Marvin Johnson is as a sub in terms of helping us see out games. I just feel when he comes on he knows exactly what Warnock wants from him and he carries out with great effectiveness. Don't get me wrong, i am not advocating he brilliant or should be an automatic starter. I just think he a good option to bring on if you want to nullify a threat from the opposition side which they might be developing like today when Stoke began to have some success out wide and when he comes he does offer an acuteness going forward too. I hope he stays for a further year as I feel he an effective squad member to have around.

P.S - I don't think we are going to make the play offs but a win is a win and its good to see positive signs within the team moving forward.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Do we reckon that might be the end of Mcnair at CB? Frys had a great season and Hall seems to be up to full speed now. If they both stay fit would you be happy with them in a 2, allowing Paddy to play further forward?

I would be happy with this but Hall, no doubting his ability at this level as I think his no nonsense approach is great, is not going to give you the necessary games for you to pin your hopes on him. I think you need a CB who can guarantee you 80% plus of the season in terms of games. I don't think Hall can given his injury but very happy to have him.

However, a midfield 3 of Howson sitting with Paddy and Tav ahead of them is something I would like to see. Whether Howson is best DM might be a point of debate for us fans but NW described him as the best DM at the club after today.

• Like 1

Well done everyone though I knew we would not match the Swansea total of posts we still managed over 500 posts for this game giving an average of 528 posts for each and every game 

• Like 1

Is there a way of watching Quest on catch up. Can’t seem to find it on my tele box 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Is there a way of watching Quest on catch up. Can’t seem to find it on my tele box 🤷‍♂️

It's channel 12 on Freeview, EFL on Quest coverage starts at 10am.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I don't know if they have a catch-up service. I know there is a Quest +1 channel which runs an hour behind (Freeview channel 69).

If thats still too soon, they have a YouTube channel as well, where you can watch videos any time you like.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2hMKdWmTBVJ_PnD4Utubbw

• Like 1
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

In glorious standard definition!

It is weird, given how long HD broadcasting has been around now, that there are still so few HD channels around.

• Like 1