oneBoro Forum

Boro v Stoke City 3-0 (Hall, McNair, Mendez-Laing)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From the peak of my career .. The 7th best league in Denmark ... 

I watched the entire game today without my laptop freezing (albeit without volume) which was welcome.  I did not think we were outstanding today but I enjoyed watching us which might sound contra

Now who's racist?

Posted Images

I still believe now, I don't think Barnsley can keep up this form till the end of the season and it keeps Bournemouth fully within touching distance.

Beat Preston and we have every chance.

• Like 1

Yeah I think the ref was alright but still made a couple huge mistakes, missed a blatant penalty by Sam Morsy early on, should have been a red for Powell and personally I think he gave a lot of nothing fouls, although in his defence at least he was consistent with them!

That Barnsley win was bad. 8 points off now. But I suppose it’s good that both 5th and 6th are 8 points so two teams to mess up. Still think it’s a bridge too far with just 10 games to go

8 points off, I'm not sure about play-offs but we do still have Bournemouth and Barnsley to play which could be big games if we reach them with another 6 points from the next 2.

Don't think the 3-0 scoreline flatters Boro.

Stoke competed well and put us under some pressure at times. Bettinelli had to do some smart work to keep our clean sheet intact.

But overall, Boro were much more clinical in attack and this was one of those rare games where we took our chances more often than not.

Was already have quite a nice relaxing day, but this is the cherry on the cake. Well done lads - and thanks! 👏

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Good result, flashes of decent play throughout the game, but as always much of the same. Defensively (for the most part) I though we looked better than recent games.

About sums up my feelings on the game. 

Also worth pointing out that two of our biggest weaknesses this season won us the game - we were clinical up front and our goalie was in good form. Imagine where we'd be if we managed that consistently. 

3 shots on target, 3 goals. They created double the number of chances as us and had nearly double the amount of possession. They'll feel hard done by by the result but who cares?

• Like 1