• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was so *** off when I saw the highlights of your game on the weekend, which has been compounded by that clown cooper saying they're a "classy team" I just had to join your forum and back you lot up.

It is significant when the only supporters that think the decisions were right are Swansea and even our rivals think we wuz robbed.. Hope you can edge them and Watford out on the run-in and make it to

We done the business on the cheats today, may they go into freefall.  🤣 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ludicrous, the initial disallowed goal was great too.

I’m sure that whoever dreamed up VAR didn’t intend on it to be so ridiculous 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Swansea's now but ours previously and perhaps subsequently but possibly not at this exact minute, if we want to be precise  ..  but in the grand scheme of things, our rivals have included a range spanning Benfica, Real Madrid, Roma and South Bank, so a team that we have competed against could fit into that category

in fact the definition can be given as  a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity, so whilst not being a close rival, it is obvious that they can be fitted into that category 🙂

Well yes but what I was referring to is that Brentford might have their own reasons for thinking we were robbed, rather than just showing solidarity with a rival.

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

Every team in the league have players who dive and cheat, every manager in the league condones it when its their players doing it and the fans condone it as well. 

Stop complaining. 

Who dives and cheats in our team? Britt falls over quite a lot, but I think that's because he's got two left feet and a centre of balance three yards above his head, rather than because he's convinced he'll win a penna.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Who dives and cheats in our team? Britt falls over quite a lot, but I think that's because he's got two left feet and a centre of balance three yards above his head, rather than because he's convinced he'll win a penna.

Paddy McNair has his own patented "fall over onto the ball and look at the ref" technique.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I’m sure Britt won a penalty earlier in the season which at the time I remember thinking that if it had been against us I’d be fuming 

32 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Paddy McNair has his own patented "fall over onto the ball and look at the ref" technique.

Yeah, McNair is definitely the diver of the team, rarely successful too and sometimes costly.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, McNair is definitely the diver of the team, rarely successful too and sometimes costly.

? McNair almost always comes away with the free kick. He's an absolute master of the craft when it comes to "falling over as soon as anyone is near you and winning a free kick".

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

? McNair almost always comes away with the free kick. He's an absolute master of the craft when it comes to "falling over as soon as anyone is near you and winning a free kick".

At least in our half, my impression is that he often goes down under no real contact and play is usually waved on whilst he just kneels with his arms out.

3 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I bet i could go back and find footage of most of our players diving at some point or another. Its become part of the game. 

It just makes me laugh how loads of football fans wear these rose tinted specs all the time, they think every ref is against their team and the opposition get away with things that their team don't.   

Its the sort of argument that children use. 

The football authorities could sort out cheating and improve the standard of refereeing within weeks if the appetite was really there. Bring in retrospective bans and harsh punishment for the cheats and the game would soon clean up. Then if we didn't have 22 players cheating the refs every week then the standard would improve. 

I hear managers and pundits talk every week about the terrible standard of refereeing but they never complain when their own players cheat. And who would want to take up refereeing nowadays? I played a game in adults football a few years ago with a young teenage ref and he was literally chased off the pitch by the players from the opposing team because he gave a decision against them.

We have a culture in the game where cheating is accepted and referees get absolutely zero respect, and our manager is one of the biggest culprits. 

• Like 1

Very good points.

I’ve never been keen on the idea of VAR but I did think that one of the benefits would be that more players would be punished for diving. I don’t think I’ve seen one yellow or red card for diving since it’s inception it’s crazy. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Duvel said:

I bet i could go back and find footage of most of our players diving at some point or another. Its become part of the game. 

It just makes me laugh how loads of football fans wear these rose tinted specs all the time, they think every ref is against their team and the opposition get away with things that their team don't.   

Its the sort of argument that children use. 

The football authorities could sort out cheating and improve the standard of refereeing within weeks if the appetite was really there. Bring in retrospective bans and harsh punishment for the cheats and the game would soon clean up. Then if we didn't have 22 players cheating the refs every week then the standard would improve. 

I hear managers and pundits talk every week about the terrible standard of refereeing but they never complain when their own players cheat. And who would want to take up refereeing nowadays? I played a game in adults football a few years ago with a young teenage ref and he was literally chased off the pitch by the players from the opposing team because he gave a decision against them.

We have a culture in the game where cheating is accepted and referees get absolutely zero respect, and our manager is one of the biggest culprits. 

Couldn't agree more. The final paragraph that you are onto is really cringeworthy at times but lots of fans lap it up when Warnock is constantly throwing tantrums on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Couldn't agree more. The final paragraph that you are onto is really cringeworthy at times but lots of fans lap it up when Warnock is constantly throwing tantrums on the sidelines.

In fairness I think managers are entitled to rage at refs when they make bad decisions. Don't forget NW is a qualified ref too, so he knows better than most when they mess up.

But I agree the hypocrisy is embarrassing when they fail to acknowledge, or make excuses for their own players' poor behaviour.

I think @Duvel is spot on that the only way to eradicate (or at least drastically reduce) cheating is if EVERYONE acknowledges the problem and sorts their own houses out, before criticising others. Football sadly has a critical shortage of honesty in all areas.

Would make officials' lives far easier. Though it still doesn't excuse some of the howlers we see.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He likes a good Yelp too. 

Well it is an incredibly useful site...got it bookmarked myself. 😉

Seriously though, got some way to go to beat Lacazette with that "I've just fallen out of a skyscraper window" scream.

• Haha 1