oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 2-0 (Storey og, Tavernier)

1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Im in the minority but i enjoyed that game.played some good stuff at times & could have scored another one or two with some  better decision making in the final third.Another clean sheet.we move above Cardiff & move to within 5 of the play offs,weve had worse nights!

I aggree

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys our son was born today at 12.55pm, might get to see the game yet!

This will be the first game I have missed all season. My wife has started to go into labour. So come on lads big win tonight please

Date: Tuesday 16th March 2021 Venue: The Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough. Kick off: 1900hrs Live streams: Through MFC and Red button Facility Sky Sports Channel 403   Introdu

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wycombe or Birmingham snatch something tomorrow and we can close the gap, we've moved up to 8th.

Is bowyer in charge for Birmingham tomorrow or he officially start Saturday you know @TeaCider24?

Just now, boro-unger said:

Yes. Bournemouth, Watford and Barnsley is a tough week. Will make or break our season!

Really hope we can grab a win against Millwall, as it would give me two weeks of belief where I can just enjoy the England games.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

How was Neil allowed to control the team and tactics from the stands after getting sent off? Surely that’s not allowed?

You would think it was somewhat against the spirit of the rules, yes.

Done the business got lucky with the ref on the red card but its about time we got some luck it could be a good omen our luck seems to be changing. Today and against Stoke we had started very badly but then out nowhere get lucky break end up in the lead then stride on. Its good to have strength in depth from the bench now 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I thought the role was 3 times during open play. Therefore, half tie subs don't count

“Regulation 33.4 has been amended to permit:

Championship Clubs to name up to nine substitutes in their matchday squad, with five permitted to take to the pitch in any fixture.

League One and League Two Clubs to name up to seven substitutes in their matchday squad, again with five permitted to take to the pitch.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/november/efl-statement-five-substitutes/

No mention of 3 times during open play this season, it's just 5 subs whenever as far as I can see.

• Like 2

I didn't see any replays thanks to Sky's frustrating red button coverage, but I thought we were much improved on previous performances. We broke with pace on many occasions, had some good chances, showed real attacking intent and didn't resort to incessant hoofball.

Tellingly, I wasn't worried about Preston scoring at any point in the second half. They looked declawed, and we looked comfortable both in and out of possession.

I still think we will finish the season 7th, but at least we're not on the beach yet. The week after the international break may be decisive, but there's still interest in our season, and there's always one team that emerges from mid-table obscurity to steal a play-off place at the 11th hour. And we do have a pretty straightforward run-in...

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Yes. Bournemouth, Watford and Barnsley is a tough week. Will make or break our season!

We’re probably going to need at least six points from those against Bournemouth and Barnsley. Very tough ask but will only matter if we beat Millwall on Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Grant Hall absolutely superb again today, I just wanted to say. That Hall & Fry partnership is really growing into something special.

Hall was my MOTM. Looked very calm and assured with the ball at his feet which is a major plus