oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 2-0 (Storey og, Tavernier)

So I rarely get to use this information so may as well post.

most people prefer the taste of Pepsi (in blind taste tests) but buy Coca Cola. In fact after the original Pepsi max challenge in America sales of Coca Cola went through the roof despite Pepsi winning the taste test.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys our son was born today at 12.55pm, might get to see the game yet!

This will be the first game I have missed all season. My wife has started to go into labour. So come on lads big win tonight please

Date: Tuesday 16th March 2021 Venue: The Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough. Kick off: 1900hrs Live streams: Through MFC and Red button Facility Sky Sports Channel 403   Introdu

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm a big fan of White Hag's Black Boar BA stout, at 10.2% it's not one to have on a school night though (and if you had a session on it today you'd die, plus also probably be bankrupt by the end of the day!)

Yeah thats a big beasty alright! Quite a lot of Irish BA stouts floating around these days, I've almost certainly had all of them at one time or another and that one is pretty good. 

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's for the Americans who go over there and who "won't drink that foreign stuff"

And yes there is a massive amount of irony there with it being manufactured in Mexico.

You don’t meet many Americans in Cuba mate. 

11 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

most people prefer the taste of Pepsi (in blind taste tests) but buy Coca Cola. In fact after the original Pepsi max challenge in America sales of Coca Cola went through the roof despite Pepsi winning the taste test.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Coke would re-produce similar products to basically ruin Pepsi's version of them.

Remember the weird Coke and Pepsi flavours like vanilla, orange etc? I'm sure it was one of those that Coke created a version to basically kill the idea dead for both companies.

Edit: It wasn't the flavoured Coke/Pepsi but it was the clear Coke back in the 90's.

https://11points.com/coke-made-intentionally-terrible-clear-cola-take-crystal-pepsi/

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Here's a taste test for you:

Take any cola and let it go flat and it tastes horrible and even more so at room temperature.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Here's a taste test for you:

Take any cola and let it go flat and it tastes horrible and even more so at room temperature.

Yeah a bit like Champagne and icecream at room temperature. Anything can be ruined if you put an effort into it. Like appointing Pulis and Warnock to manage a football team.

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah a bit like Champagne and icecream at room temperature. Anything can be ruined if you put an effort into it. Like appointing Pulis and Warnock to manage a football team.

There's no need to have a go at Warnock. This is the man that saved the club from relegation. So behave yourself.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Will said:

Surely these large companies standardise the water they use? 

It's pretty easy to engineer the exact softness, mineral content etc. of water that you want, and I know Samuel Adams in the US standardise their water across all plants. Find it hard to believe a company like Coca Cola or Guinness wouldn't as they'd want their product to taste the same everywhere. 

They could, but all that water purification plant isn't cheap. The extra manufacturing time, plus the maintenance costs would just make the end product more expensive.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

There's no need to have a go at Warnock. This is the man that saved the club from relegation. So behave yourself.

You're right. I'll just leave him at room temperature😉

• Wow 1
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Fun fact, Scotland is the one of only 2 countries in the world where Coca Cola isn’t the top selling soft drink due to the popularity of Irn-Bru.

The other country is Cuba, they really haven’t allowed anything American into the country since 1959.

I keep thinking Irn Bru is exactly the kind of thing Heston Blumenthal would have come up with if he'd been asked to create a new soft drink.

You have no idea what its made of, or what it tastes like. All you know is it isn't as bad as you were expecting and that its actually not too bad, once you've accepted the fact it tastes like nothing else on Earth. 

I know its made in Scotland, but I'm pretty sure its not made from gurr-durrs. 😁

• Haha 2
40 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Coke would re-produce similar products to basically ruin Pepsi's version of them.

Remember the weird Coke and Pepsi flavours like vanilla, orange etc? I'm sure it was one of those that Coke created a version to basically kill the idea dead for both companies.

Edit: It wasn't the flavoured Coke/Pepsi but it was the clear Coke back in the 90's.

https://11points.com/coke-made-intentionally-terrible-clear-cola-take-crystal-pepsi/

I really like cherry and vanilla Coke. But my favourite is the Christmas edition cinnamon flavour. 🥰

9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Allegedly has over thirty different flavourings including quinine..  kills mosquitos stone dead

An essential for jungle expeditions then.

Stay hydrated and malaria-free with 1 bottle! Probably cheaper than insect repellent too.