oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 2-0 (Storey og, Tavernier)

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys our son was born today at 12.55pm, might get to see the game yet!

This will be the first game I have missed all season. My wife has started to go into labour. So come on lads big win tonight please

Date: Tuesday 16th March 2021 Venue: The Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough. Kick off: 1900hrs Live streams: Through MFC and Red button Facility Sky Sports Channel 403   Introdu

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

But lots of Iron-Bru!

They have their own locally manufactured cola in Cuba, it doesn’t taste great, even when you add Havana Club to it!

The post count is looking better on this thread DS thanks to St Patrick’s day!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

They have their own locally manufactured cola in Cuba, it doesn’t taste great, even when you add Havana Club to it!

The post count is looking better on this thread DS thanks to St Patrick’s day!

Yes the things that we Irish ☘️ do to keep @Downsouth happy 😃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Cuba now does sell Coca-Cola and there's been a single McDonald's outlet there since 1986, it's at Guantanamo Bay though, so not open to citizens of Cuba.

I was in Havana 4 years ago and all the cola was locally manufactured. Maybe things have changed now, but it wasn’t on general sale and their certainly weren’t any of the Coke advertising hoardings that you normally see.

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was in Havana 4 years ago and all the cola was locally manufactured. Maybe things have changed now, but it wasn’t on general sale and their certainly weren’t any of the Coke advertising hoardings that you normally see.

It's imported from Mexico mainly.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's imported from Mexico mainly.

Yes I just looked it up, it’s available in tourist hotels at inflated prices apparently, as are most things in Cuba! It’s certainly not the top selling soft drink in Cuba though. 

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I knew I wouldn't be quick enough with the edit there!

I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw 1986 afterwards 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’ll be the Guinness, DZ told you not to drink the stuff!

Oh yeah I forgot 🤷‍♂️ I’ll stop at 12.30

Tonight 😃

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yes I just looked it up, it’s available in tourist hotels at inflated prices apparently, as are most things in Cuba! It’s certainly not the top selling soft drink in Cuba though. 

Why would people bother to buy Coke at an all inclusive hotel. 

4 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

That’s probably why it’s not very popular, You’d have to have really fussy kids that wouldn’t settle for the local cola, you know the types, the ones that turn their noses up at panda pops! 

13 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

It's for the Americans who go over there and who "won't drink that foreign stuff"

And yes there is a massive amount of irony there with it being manufactured in Mexico.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's for the Americans who go over there and who "won't drink that foreign stuff"

And yes there is a massive amount of irony there with it being manufactured in Mexico.

There's only a small percentage of Americans go to Cuba. It's mainly Brits and Canadians.

Regarding Mexican Coke, a lot of Americans go other the border to buy Mexican Coke in bulk, because it tastes like the original Coke as it used to be yonks ago. In Mexico they still use sugar where as just about everywhere they changed over to corn syrup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1