oneBoro Forum

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Which then begs the question why did Akpom give him the ball in the first place. Akpom is incredibly well placed to see the picture in front of him, but makes a poor decision.

Yeah, I think to be fair, the lad who eventually robs Spence is a little ways off and maybe Akpom thinks he can handle him. But there's still two players in front of Spence when he picks that up and realistically absolutely nobody he can pass it to. I don't even think Spence has overall done very well there but to pin even the majority of the goal on him for losing it in that position is mad to me. Like you say, Akpom has the picture in front of him, he knows the position of the players around Spence before he gives him the ball but Spence has to work harder to see that picture whilst he's concentrating on what to do next with the ball. Akpom runs off and leaves him to handle himself. He's pretty much on a hiding to nothing as soon as he gets the ball, one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Date: Saturday 20th March Venue: The New Den, Millwall Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm if you prefer Live stream cover: MFC TV or any illegal stream you can find Introduction The sta

Defeat is absolutely inevitable. No chance we win 3 in a row. None. The Boro will always let you down.

Found him! 🤣

Posted Images

If that’s us out of the playoffs, I can’t say I’m sorry. We simply don’t have the quality to deserve promotion. And if we did get promoted, by the merest fluke, we wouldn’t survive the season. The money would be welcome though, unless it was just used for balancing the books.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Also people blaming Spence for that goal, wise up. How many other players lose the ball for us in that position on a consistent basis? We got punished for it that time so it's all Spence's fault. I'll never have a go at a player loosing the ball in the oppositions 3rd if he's trying to make something happen. 

Bet you would if it was Johnson. 🙃

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

What on Earth is the difference between those two things? 😅

Multiple players can be at fault.

Saying someone is 100% to blame would imply that nobody else had a part to play.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Also people blaming Spence for that goal, wise up. How many other players lose the ball for us in that position on a consistent basis? We got punished for it that time so it's all Spence's fault. I'll never have a go at a player loosing the ball in the oppositions 3rd if he's trying to make something happen. 

This is kind of what I was getting at in my response. Like, how can you build a side based on attacking players who take risks in attacking areas but pin goals you concede on players who lose it in those positions. It's not like Spence has given it away and Wallace has a free run on goal from where he is.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Saying someone is 100% to blame would imply that nobody else had a part to play.

That's fair. I cannot agree Spence is the main player at fault in that situation though.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Fault is the act, blame is act of pinning the fault on someone.

If multiple players are at fault then they share that burden of blame.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He isn't trying to make something happen and that's the problem. He gets caught dawdling because he's not thinking quick enough and isn't aware of his surroundings, that's my entire problem with him in this passage of play! He calls for a ball that he then decides to do nothing with.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Fault is the act, blame is act of pinning the fault on someone.

If multiple players are at fault then they share that burden of blame.

I'm aware.

It's the 100% that's the key in that sentence.

Multiple people cannot be 100% to blame.