oneBoro Forum

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sounds like he's completely thrown the strikers under the bus in interviews.

Don't blame him, as they're ***, but he shares some of the blame today for picking that formation.

While I'd agree we could have done better with some of the chances we created, its not like we missed any sitters.

Looked like a tough game for the strikers. We struggled to create much of anything for them.

So, yeah, criticise the whole team for this one, as well as the manager for picking the formation and starting XI.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Date: Saturday 20th March Venue: The New Den, Millwall Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm if you prefer Live stream cover: MFC TV or any illegal stream you can find Introduction The sta

Defeat is absolutely inevitable. No chance we win 3 in a row. None. The Boro will always let you down.

Found him! 🤣

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Atleast our Irish contingent can enjoy themselves, the rugby isn't helping my mood 😂

Turned that off to play ESO.

And England got blown apart by India when they too had a good chance of winning

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

And England got blown apart by India when they too had a good chance of winning

Malan and Buttler set up a great platform, which the rest of the team wasted. 😡

Bad day in general to be an England and Boro fan. 

Now where's my bottle of Jack Daniels... 🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

Akpom was unnoticeable apart from that killer pass to Spence. I'd entirely forgotten Fletcher was playing in that second half. Assombalonga has been so bad that Warnock has given up on him. 

I hope that none of them are here next season but having said all that Warnock picks the side, Warnock picked those tactics and three at the back. No point in playing to the strengths of players you haven't got and then moaning about the ones that you do pick.

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Atleast our Irish contingent can enjoy themselves, the rugby isn't helping my mood 😂

Turned that off to play ESO.

I'm already getting grief from my Irish mate and it's only halftime. And that's before @Blanco starts too!

If England lose today, we'll have lost against Ireland, Wales and Scotland in one Six Nations.

10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If Spence passes first time back to Akpom ... Akpom was in position to receive

If Akpom plays the ball down the line like Spence was shouting for in the first place, none of that happens. 
Akpom could’ve ran in to the space down the right that Spence was wanting the ball played into originally. Poor decision making. 

57 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

To me the blame came in that the pass to Spence should have been out wide where he indicated he wanted it initially. Dawdling from Akpom meant that he played the ball to him in an area that offered zero attacking threat and in doing so killed off all momentum and any threat from us with it. After that Spence screwed up by being slow of mind, body and thought. The blame to me lies with Akpom for failing to spot that Spence was wanting to run onto it.

That move was symptomatic of what was wrong with us all afternoon. Slow, pedestrian football which was easily read made worse by hoofing the ball into 50/50 challenges of which we lost most of them. NML, Watmore, Kebano, Bolasie, Johnson, Tavernier all on the pitch at some point and didn't even attempt to pass the ball on the ground and utilise their ball playing skills. Schoolboy hoofball tactics played right into Millwall's hands. I have no idea what Warnock was complaining about to the Ref at the end of that, if the fourth official had added on ten years we still would never have scored with those tactics.

Whilst Spence was poor, don't blame him, blame Warnock for that spiritless, heartless diabolical display.

Perfect analysis, mate.

Spence wants the ball played down the line, which is precisely where it should have gone.  Him screaming for the ball is to get it there, not where he ends up receiving it.  The issue is Akpom's heavy touch.  It's ok saying that Spence has no awareness of what is around him, but the bloke that takes the ball isn't around him when he looks around, he's 20/30 yards away.  Nailed on that Spence didn't get a shout at all.

That's the point when Spence looks around.  The guy circled is the one who takes the ball but look at the position he is going to receive the ball in with 3 Millwall players in and around him anyway.  The ball had to go down the line and it didn't.

And Spence was crap today to be clear, irrespective of all that.  Really poor in my opinion.

Screenshot_20.png

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If Spence passes first time back to Akpom ... Akpom was in position to receive

Akpom didn't want the ball back.  He didn't want the ball at all.  I'd call it cowardice personally but Akpom made no real attempt to create space for himself after playing the pass because he didn't want it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Multiple players can be at fault.

Saying someone is 100% to blame would imply that nobody else had a part to play.

I still don’t see it. 100% is everything. So if he’s 100% at fault then nobody else can be involved.