oneBoro Forum

26 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Spence was poor, today but Akpom's been a bloody awful signing, if he never played another game for us I'd be happy, yet another crap forward signed. we're *** brilliant at it.

Oh I do enjoy a high post count!

Thanks Boro for giving us so much to talk about.............................grrrrrrrr that's Roary moaning😔

No pride today hey boys!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Date: Saturday 20th March Venue: The New Den, Millwall Kick off: 1500hrs or 3pm if you prefer Live stream cover: MFC TV or any illegal stream you can find Introduction The sta

Defeat is absolutely inevitable. No chance we win 3 in a row. None. The Boro will always let you down.

Found him! 🤣

Posted Images

Having seen the video for the goal and some of the comments I was expecting Spence to be messing about in his own  area. It was poor by him and disappointing he just stopped tracking back but I probably wouldn't put him solely to blame for the goal given there was a good 60 odd yards between where he gave away the ball. We still had cover at the back and to be honest I think their winger has done well getting past Howson and then played a decent ball into the box. 

Was Britt injured today or is it just a case he is 'finished' with us?

I can't really comment on the game as didn't listen to it or watch it but today is a massive let down given how massive the result could have been. I think play offs are not quite done thanks to Barnsley and Reading helping out by losing but I think its going to mean a 9 point week when we play Bournemouth Barnsley and Watford. 

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Having seen the video for the goal and some of the comments I was expecting Spence to be messing about in his own  area. It was poor by him and disappointing he just stopped tracking back but I probably wouldn't put him solely to blame for the goal given there was a good 60 odd yards between where he gave away the ball. We still had cover at the back and to be honest I think their winger has done well getting passed Howson and then played a decent ball into the box.

Surprised at the reaction to Spence on this goal. There are a few things he does poor - mainly he doesn’t look around and his body shape is wrong when he receives the ball. 

that’s why the guy can just nick in and get the ball.

Its poor that he stopped tracking back. Really poor but the ball had moved quite a distance away from him.

after the pass we still have a 4 on 2 situation and the other Millwall player makes a simple to defend run. 

it looks to me like poor communication. The centre back (Fry?) nearest to Howson should have moved across closer to Howson and ran a diagonal instead of straight. This means that if the winger beat Howson he would be in a position to cut out the cross. As it is he gets there too late. 

i can guess why he didn’t I believe he thought it was a 2 on 1 in the middle of the field. It was a 3 on 1 and Bola could have provided the cover to allow the centre back to move across.

Would have to watch it again to see Hall’s positioning but there seemed time to get himself set right. Could be wrong only seen it once.

Whilst Spence was poor in giving the ball away and a lack of effort we still should have dealt with quite a minor attack.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm already getting grief from my Irish mate and it's only halftime. And that's before @Blanco starts too!

If England lose today, we'll have lost against Ireland, Wales and Scotland in one Six Nations.

Congratulations on your Reverse Triple Crown 👑 @DanFromDownSouth 

🇮🇪☘️😃

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm Irish remember, 38th cousins with St.Pat! 

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

Of course, how could I have forgotten that 🤦‍♂️ 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Would have to watch it again to see Hall’s positioning but there seemed time to get himself set right. Could be wrong only seen it once.

I agree with pretty much everything you put on there. Including this bit on Hall, the man who actually scores the own goal. I've watched it a couple of times and my overriding feeling is that he could have done better.

When you watch defenders score own goals in that position, it's often because they're stretching to beat an attacker to a ball coming across them. This wasn't the case with this one and as far as I can tell, there was no deflection on the cross which could have made it more difficult for him.

He just didn't seem to get his feet right even though he had a bit of time to think about it. Harsh to blame that goal solely on one player but if any one of them we've mentioned thinks a little more about what they need to do to prevent the goal, it could have been prevented quite simply in the end.

• Like 1

Well it’s pretty obvious we are miles away from competing in the championship never mind holding your own in the Premier. Latter I’m going to check stats reference, points per game before and after NW got his signings. I just don’t think NW is up to the job simply because he is far to set in his ways while younger mangers are more akin to the modern game. 

Bad, bad weekend. First and foremost well done the Irish for playing England off the park, Scotland and Wales for showing us this team is simply not good enough and possibly Eddie needs to go. 
Cricket, well if anything they are as poor as the English rugby squad. 
BORO, as bad as the rugby and cricket teams in terms of progress and all three have a common denominator, lack of discipline and inconsistency. 

14 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Having seen the video for the goal and some of the comments I was expecting Spence to be messing about in his own  area. It was poor by him and disappointing he just stopped tracking back but I probably wouldn't put him solely to blame for the goal given there was a good 60 odd yards between where he gave away the ball. We still had cover at the back and to be honest I think their winger has done well getting past Howson and then played a decent ball into the box. 

Was Britt injured today or is it just a case he is 'finished' with us?

I can't really comment on the game as didn't listen to it or watch it but today is a massive let down given how massive the result could have been. I think play offs are not quite done thanks to Barnsley and Reading helping out by losing but I think its going to mean a 9 point week when we play Bournemouth Barnsley and Watford. 

According to Warnock Britt was available - just not selected. Think we can take that as a sign he's on his way out.

Agree some of the comments about Spence have been rather OTT. Certainly with regard to our overall performance yesterday, you can't single out one player as a scapegoat. We were poor all over the park.

In any case Bettinelli should have saved Hall's soft tap-in...bloody useless that keeper! 🙃🤪

• Like 1
15 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Well it’s pretty obvious we are miles away from competing in the championship never mind holding your own in the Premier. Latter I’m going to check stats reference, points per game before and after NW got his signings. I just don’t think NW is up to the job simply because he is far to set in his ways while younger mangers are more akin to the modern game. 

Bad, bad weekend. First and foremost well done the Irish for playing England off the park, Scotland and Wales for showing us this team is simply not good enough and possibly Eddie needs to go. 
Cricket, well if anything they are as poor as the English rugby squad. 
BORO, as bad as the rugby and cricket teams in terms of progress and all three have a common denominator, lack of discipline and inconsistency. 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• Haha 1
On 3/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Not sure what you consider competing v presence but the latter I’m pretty sure we can. 
I see NW is having a pop at the strikers or what ever you call ours, but if you don’t supply them I don’t know many that would be successful, do you. 
Mind I can remember Beckham scoring from the halfway line.
I bet we have a few players who top the charts for home goals. 
The season is nearly over and we can look forward to next season and rebuilding, again. Now that will be fun, again.