oneBoro Forum

England World Cup Qualifiers

3 England games to provide some distraction following the Millwall horror show.

England 5   0 San Marino    Thursday 1945hrs

Albania V England.           Sunday 1700hrs. 28th March.

England v Poland.    Wednesday 1945hrs   31st March.

Edited by Erimus 63
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talk about Whataboutery! Everybody in the world owns something that was made in China, the laptop, tablet or phone that you used to access this site or the TV that you watched the England game on will

I doubt if England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy etc. all boycotted the Competition nothing would happen but the truth is that while players are taking the knee thousands have died working in d

You are probably correct Dan. I have calmed down ever so slightly this morning. I am amusing myself with the thought that someone on here complained that England only won 5-0 the other night 😂

Posted Images

Three, England play Poland on Wednesday too.

I know I'm in the minority but I genuinely can't wait for tomorrow, even though it's only San Marino, I love watching England.

I'm hoping Harry Kane starts tomorrow and we put San Marino to the sword, as we probably should.

The Poland match will be the big one, playing against who is arguably the best player in the world at this moment, or at least the player having the best season.

International matches during a Global Pandemic seem frivolous and irresponsible (same goes for Champions League, Olympics  etc.) to me.

Interesting that Kebano and Bolasie can't travel due to Covid apparently to play for DRC yet other games can go ahead. We are now fully aware just how easily this virus can spread and having International sporting events before we have got on top of it are just unnecessary. Europe is now facing a third wave yet we are mixing squads of players from all over together and replicating it three times in just over a week, what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 3

Hardly the toughest qualifying group.

Been a while since England got a dreaded "Group of Death".

Poland may prove a bit tricky but the other two should be little more than training matches. I'll probably watch anyway, just because its been been so long.

3 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Interesting that Kebano and Bolasie can't travel due to Covid apparently to play for DRC yet other games can go ahead. We are now fully aware just how easily this virus can spread and having International sporting events before we have got on top of it are just unnecessary. Europe is now facing a third wave yet we are mixing squads of players from all over together and replicating it three times in just over a week, what could possibly go wrong?

Well different countries have had different responses to Covid and varying degrees of success in dealing with it. Our footballers, by and large, seem to have avoided any serious outbreaks. I would hope if there was any concerns about our opponents, the matches would be postponed.

Here's the England squad for tonight.

I'd hoped he'd start Harry Kane for the easy goals, but there's still some players in there who'll be desperate to prove themselves even accounting for the opposition.

13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Does anyone know why England are wearing blue when they are the home team?

I think it is just to promote the away kit @Blanco and no more. I could be wrong mind.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Does anyone know why England are wearing blue when they are the home team?

I guess because san marino have dark blue shirts and shorts as their away kit, which would clash with the dark blue England home shorts. 

This will have been the only home/away combo that didn't clash. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I would hope if there was any concerns about our opponents, the matches would be postponed.

Problem is that the source and the causation is usually after the event with Covid. To me its playing Russian roulette and flies in the face of common sense. All the International games just being played tonight let alone the travelling over the net few days with players coming from different clubs and regions is gambling that one or two asymptomatic players are not involved in any of the squads. Then there are the travelling and accommodation risks when there is a well publicised third wave through central Europe.

Poor performance from England, had the chances to score double figures and were incredibly wasteful.

Yes, we won 5-0, but we were minutes away from our lowest scoring result ever against San Marino before Watkins late one.

Hopefully a better attempt made against Albania, win that and then the Poland match is a huge one for qualifying.

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Poor performance from England, had the chances to score double figures and were incredibly wasteful.

Yes, we won 5-0, but we were minutes away from our lowest scoring result ever against San Marino before Watkins late one.

Hopefully a better attempt made against Albania, win that and then the Poland match is a huge one for qualifying.

A bit harsh @TeaCider24 IMO. The man of the match for me was the San Marino goalkeeper with at least six really good saves. There were 4 or 5 wasted chances over the 90 minutes but credit to the goalkeeper for keeping the score down. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Blanco said:

A bit harsh @TeaCider24 IMO. The man of the match for me was the San Marino goalkeeper with at least six really good saves. There were 4 or 5 wasted chances over the 90 minutes but credit to the goalkeeper for keeping the score down. 

I agree their keeper played really well, but there were plenty of wasted chances that had nothing to do with him.

Sterling and Calvert Lewin should both have had a hat-trick in the first half alone.

It's still a win though, and Poland dropped points to Hungary.

If England win these next two matches, they've got 1 foot in the World Cup. Hopefully they qualify and then boycott it.

• Haha 1