• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talk about Whataboutery! Everybody in the world owns something that was made in China, the laptop, tablet or phone that you used to access this site or the TV that you watched the England game on will

I doubt if England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy etc. all boycotted the Competition nothing would happen but the truth is that while players are taking the knee thousands have died working in d

You are probably correct Dan. I have calmed down ever so slightly this morning. I am amusing myself with the thought that someone on here complained that England only won 5-0 the other night 😂

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I agree their keeper played really well, but there were plenty of wasted chances that had nothing to do with him.

Sterling and Calvert Lewin should both have had a hat-trick in the first half alone.

It's still a win though, and Poland dropped points to Hungary.

If England win these next two matches, they've got 1 foot in the World Cup. Hopefully they qualify and then boycott it.

Ireland are boycotting it by refusing to qualify 😂😂😂

• Haha 4
36 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I agree their keeper played really well, but there were plenty of wasted chances that had nothing to do with him.

Sterling and Calvert Lewin should both have had a hat-trick in the first half alone.

It's still a win though, and Poland dropped points to Hungary.

If England win these next two matches, they've got 1 foot in the World Cup. Hopefully they qualify and then boycott it.

What would boycotting the World Cup achieve?

10 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

It would highlight the horrific human rights abuses in Qatar, and publicly shame them on the international stage by having one of the biggest footballing nations refusing to take part in a tournament that they're only hosting through blatant corruption and bribery.

Thousands upon thousands of migrant workers have died to build one off stadiums in a desert.

Few things would make me prouder of the England football team than them boycotting it.

• Like 2

I don’t know what’s worse when we qualify for world cups, the early return home or the football coming home media **** . I can’t think of a country that knights managers for loosing winnable games. 

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

It would highlight the horrific human rights abuses in Qatar, and publicly shame them on the international stage by having one of the biggest footballing nations refusing to take part in a tournament that they're only hosting through blatant corruption.

Few things would make me prouder of the England football team than them boycotting it.

There would not be many world cups held if we boycotted all the countries that have abused human rights or are corrupt now would we. 

16 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Simple answer, nothing. 
Ironically almost all the owners of contracting companies and site mangers, including HR and  HSE employed workers from the continent they came themselves. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Simple answer, nothing. 
Ironically almost all the owners of contracting companies and site mangers, including HR and  HSE employed workers from the continent they came themselves. 

It clearly would achieve something, so why pretend it wouldn't?

The Qatari World Cup would take a massive prestige hit if countries boycotted it because of their human rights abuses, the Qatari state would take a massive prestige hit and financial hit.

6,000+ migrant workers have died building the stadiums and infrastructure over there, that's not just bad luck.

It's daft to pretend that every country is the same and you can't say anything because no country's record is perfect. It's happening now, it shouldn't be ignored.

• Like 3

I notice both Norway and Germany have protested Qatar before their qualifiers this week.

It won't happen here because our government sadly has strong ties with the Qatari state.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I notice both Norway and Germany have protested Qatar before their qualifiers this week.

It won't happen here because our government sadly has strong ties with the Qatari state.

Protested, but still went ahead with their matches.

It's disgusting but I honestly don't know what the answer is. If all the "big" teams boycott it then you run the risk of it going ahead and someone like Albania winning it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Simple answer, nothing. 

I doubt if England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy etc. all boycotted the Competition nothing would happen but the truth is that while players are taking the knee thousands have died working in despicable conditions under Kafala and their lives clearly don't matter. Desperate poverty has forced migrant workers to take the risks for $10 a day with their Passports confiscated, locked in concentration camps euphemistically called worker camps. Meanwhile FIFA will be banking £3 billion from the proceeds. The hypocrisy of players taking the knee last night was probably lost on many including the players themselves. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Protested, but still went ahead with their matches.

It's disgusting but I honestly don't know what the answer is. If all the "big" teams boycott it then you run the risk of it going ahead and someone like Albania winning it.

Surely Albania or even San Marino winning it would humiliate FIFA and the host nation by destroying the credibility of the competition. We keep getting all these regurgitated "Kick it out" messages coming from the FA well if they want to be taken seriously now is the time for them to stand up not kneel down. The truth is they don't care about black lives, gay players, racism or sexism so long as the money keeps rolling in they turn a blind eye to it. The FA Premiership is now underpinned by ignoring the above basic principles of humanity. 

• Like 2

It would need to be a collaborative effort. If England abstained they would soon find someone else to fill the last 16 or at best 1/4 final spot. We would need the top 8 countries in the world to abstain too. If there was no England, Spain, France, Germany, Brazil , Belgium, Italy and Argentina abstained then FIFA may be forced to act 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It would need to be a collaborative effort. If England abstained they would soon find someone else to fill the last 16 or at best 1/4 final spot. We would need the top 8 countries in the world to abstain too. If there was no England, Spain, France, Germany, Brazil , Belgium, Italy and Argentina abstained then FIFA may be forced to act 

This right here.

It needs collective willpower and action from all the major nations.

But there never is. When you combine that with the failure of the governing bodies to take any meaningful action, its no wonder there is no real progress towards actually ridding the sport of racism and homophobia.

When the message from the very top is general apathy and there is little or no direction or support in the domestic game, it does make one despair.

• Like 1