oneBoro Forum

England World Cup Qualifiers

18 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm not sure it's the style of play that's issue for Ireland at the moment, Stephen Kenny appears to be hugely out of his depth.

At least Ireland have gone a step further than Norway and Germany (highlighting the Human rights abuses) and are actively boycotting the World Cup. 😂

Sorry Dan but it is definitely the style of play. It’s bloody awful. No heart. No desire. Pure fannying about football. Horrendous and extremely embarrassing i

• Like 4
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talk about Whataboutery! Everybody in the world owns something that was made in China, the laptop, tablet or phone that you used to access this site or the TV that you watched the England game on will

I doubt if England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy etc. all boycotted the Competition nothing would happen but the truth is that while players are taking the knee thousands have died working in d

You are probably correct Dan. I have calmed down ever so slightly this morning. I am amusing myself with the thought that someone on here complained that England only won 5-0 the other night 😂

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

Sorry Dan but it is definitely the style of play. It’s bloody awful. No heart. No desire. Pure fannying about football. Horrendous and extremely embarrassing i

I just don't think the style of play changes the situation Ireland are in. Think the issues the national team have go beyond how they play. You said it yourself no heart or desire, regardless of how you play without those you'll probably lose most games. From the outside looking in the biggest issue is the man in charge.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I just don't think the style of play changes the situation Ireland are in. Think the issues the national team have go beyond how they play. You said it yourself no heart or desire, regardless of how you play without those you'll probably lose most games. From the outside looking in the biggest issue is the man in charge.

You are probably correct Dan. I have calmed down ever so slightly this morning. I am amusing myself with the thought that someone on here complained that England only won 5-0 the other night 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
45 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

10 games without a win...I think you also have to question the manager and coaching setup.

But even so, losing at home to Luxembourg...thats gotta hurt. Especially when you see Wales beat a very decent team like Mexico (even if it was only a friendly).

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Yeah - you'd think we actually lost from some of the reactions. 😂

Personally I'm quite happy if England look a bit rusty and disjointed now, while we have the easy matches, as long as we start playing better when the tougher ones come around.

You know what they say about peaking at the right time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Just checked Ireland's last home game against San Marino, they also won 5-0.

I'm not unhappy that we won, and it was an extremely comfortable victory, I was unhappy with some of the finishing given it's cost England dearly against better opposition.

Albania today! 🇦🇱

Looking forward to this one, a win is important but I honestly don't know a single Albanian player, so I've no idea what to expect.

I know plenty of Kosovars and Swiss of Albanian/Kosovar heritage though.

Given they only bear Andorra 1-0, I'm feeling confident.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

You are probably correct Dan. I have calmed down ever so slightly this morning.

Happens to the best of us! England have been on the wrong end of bad results for few times themselves.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

I am amusing myself with the thought that someone on here complained that England only won 5-0 the other night 😂

I mean going on the expected goals statistics it's a scoreline that is exactly as expected. 😂

England had an expected goals total of 5.08.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

10 games without a win...I think you also have to question the manager and coaching setup.

Exactly. With all due respect to Kenny when he was announced that he was going to take over it raised some eyebrows at the time. Looking at the other members of his backroom staff they aren't exactly experienced.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Exactly. With all due respect to Kenny when he was announced that he was going to take over it raised some eyebrows at the time. Looking at the other members of his backroom staff they aren't exactly experienced.

It's like Woodgate all over again. Thing now is do the FAI hold their hands up and admit they screwed up or hold their nerve that Kenny will evolve, develop and become a huge success. If the latter how many more games do they give him? It would be interesting to know what the Players themselves are thinking. Are they buying into what he is trying to do or believe he hasn't a clue and totally out of his depth in which case its not a difficult decision to make.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

It's like Woodgate all over again. Thing now is do the FAI hold their hands up and admit they screwed up or hold their nerve that Kenny will evolve, develop and become a huge success. If the latter how many more games do they give him? It would be interesting to know what the Players themselves are thinking. Are they buying into what he is trying to do or believe he hasn't a clue and totally out of his depth in which case its not a difficult decision to make.

I think it's easier to ride the storm in international football given the stakes are much lower.

Qualification definitelt isn't taken as a given for countries like Ireland, and Portugal and Serbia are both better footballing teams anyway, so it's not a huge risk to keep him on if they think he can achieve something.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Absolutely not, what a ridiculous unqualified assumption to make, the complete opposite being true. I literally have the scars from objecting to injustices in my lifetime. You seem to be of the view that we shouldn't bother and just be accepting of persecution and injustice because resistance is futile. In my work I have blocked several major contracts over workers being exploited in overseas factories/suppliers at great cost and inconvenience and in one particular case eventually being sacked (albeit cloaked by it being called "redundancy") for not keeping my mouth shut and backing down.

I'm objecting vehemently to the World Cup and the politics of Qatar and corruption in football. Whether it does or doesn't directly or indirectly affect me personally is irrelevant. 

So I referred to being selective, so I’ll ask again, do you own anything manufactured in China? Do you use plastic or palm oil products? Will you boycott the World Cup? 

England lead 1-0 from a brilliant Harry Kane header, and he probably should have had a second straight after, but it's been a very sluggish England performance overall.

I don't think the two defensive midfielders is needed or helpful, Kane was feeding on scraps for nearly 40 minutes, though he was playing very deep.