• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Talk about Whataboutery! Everybody in the world owns something that was made in China, the laptop, tablet or phone that you used to access this site or the TV that you watched the England game on will

I doubt if England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Italy etc. all boycotted the Competition nothing would happen but the truth is that while players are taking the knee thousands have died working in d

You are probably correct Dan. I have calmed down ever so slightly this morning. I am amusing myself with the thought that someone on here complained that England only won 5-0 the other night 😂

Posted Images

Just now, sanddancer said:

Is this Sunday morning league pub football, can’t be, it’s much worse. 
So 10 mins let and GS is clueless, absolutely clueless. Just seen him flipping a coin, should I, should I not. I think we might hang on for a draw. 

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Decent goal that like

Great strike from Maguire. Polish defenders throwing themselves to the ground looking for the foul. Served them right

Just saw Lingard come on and thought to myself. Bloody hell Tavs doing well for himself 😀

8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Lucky, lucky, lucky.. awful to watch, terrible football.. even for England.  

Nahhhh, fully deserved win.

Poland never threatened beyond John Stones messing up.

12 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Lucky, lucky, lucky.. awful to watch, terrible football.. even for England.  

I you ok hunni? 😉

No, I agree it was very pedestrian far too easy to defend against a better team will comfortable shut England out and just wait for Stones to F*** up

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, White Band said:

How have Germany lost to North Macedonia???

Apparently it’s the first works Cup qualifying game they’ve lost at home since that great 5-1 defeat at the hands of England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

A far from convincing performance against Poland. Again pretty pedestrian for much of the game. Lots of possession and lots of passing around, without really threatening to score.

Had to rely on Sterling winning a penalty to take the lead. About the only useful contribution he made.

Like most of us I'm sure, I saw Poland's equaliser coming the moment Stones dithered on the ball. At least he managed partial redemption with the flick on from the corner to set up Maguire's winner.

As expected, while looking fairly comfortable in possession, England struggled to create anything in an attacking sense.

On the plus side, it was a much sterner test than the previous two games and hopefully Southgate and the players will learn a lot from it (and we won...somehow). On the negative side, England look miles away from being trophy winners.

Defensively we're still a bit suspect. Poland did manage to give us a few scares. Imagine what it would have been like if Lewandowski had been playing. Creatively we are incredibly lightweight. Still too much sideways and backwards passing, with lone runners like Sterling going up blind alleys that have no end product 90% of the time.

Speaking of which that guy just annoys the crap out of me. He almost never looks up or seems to have any idea where his team mates are. Seems as blinkered as a racehorse, the way he tries to take on entire defences by himself, ending up falling over and/or losing the ball.

Waste of a shirt IMO - even if he did win us a penalty this time out.

• Like 1