oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)

If there is one thing I won't miss about seeing this match in person, it's that I won't have to travel half the night to get there. That’s right ladies, gents and mascots, Boro are back in action after that woeful international break and it's just a little trip down the moterway to Bournemouth!

traffic jam cars GIF by Learn Something Every Day

Boro’s form going into the international break has been pretty indicative so far of the season at large, like being stuck on the Ultimate at Lightwater Valley and just wanting to get off so you can spend the cash in the gift shop. Let's hope Boro aren't left with the sad looking one eye teddy in the transfer market this summer...

image.jpeg.eed358a290a3091a9edcce1a7800a532.jpeg

Point for anyone who gets the reference, only the greatest thing on telly since Massimo’s diving header.

Bournemouth also seem to be plagued by inconsistencies of late after starting the season strongly... not that I’m suggesting this has anything to do with their coach. The results are lying.

We always seem to draw the short straw with Bournemouth. Awful officials, diving, us not turning up (this one happens a lot) so I'm not optimistic for this because Boro love their bad track records. But heart always rules the head so I'll say a sneaky 1-0 to Boro to make it a Good Friday. 

P.S I haven't been to Lightwater Valley since Adam was a lad so no clue if that's still there.

So predictions?

If Boro was an Easter egg which one would they be?

Worst item you've brought from a gift shop?

Are we going fined for breathing on Saturday? 

Here we go again and UTB

• Like 6
  • Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday?
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing I won't miss about seeing this match in person, it's that I won't have to travel half the night to get there. That’s right ladies, gents and mascots, Boro are back in action afte

I presume you're excluding the QPR promotion as it was 10 years ago. If you're excluding Cardiff, and it's a big exclusion, he's not really managed that much in the last 10 years. Crystal Pa

I think there's a lot of feeling floating around that this is a guarantee, when it's anything but. For one, he's spent 2 transfer windows trying to find that striker and failed. Theres every chance th

Posted Images

We could have been really looking forward to this game had we not stuffed up against Millwall and it is so annoying especially with Barnsley playing Reading.

Simply do not want to lose against Woody and boys

In normal times I would definitely have treated the family to an Easter break on the south coast to coincide with this.

Again, nothing to lose. Get our attacking players on the pitch.

If McNair not able to play as not back from internationals my team would be.

Bettinneli

Fisher.        Hall.  Fry.    Bola 

Howson Morsy 

NML.             Bolasie.       Tavernier 

Fletcher 

If Tavernier injured Watmore in. Might actually play him up front.

I've not been to Lightwater Valley since Adam's Dad was a lad when I crashed on the motorbikes they had and went flying into the hay bales. No health and safety rules then.

Boro should be a Lion Bar Easter Egg but never quite live up to it.

Yikes - I haven't been to Lightwater Valley since I actually lived "Oop North" - which was last millennium. Feeling old now. ☹️

If Boro was an Easter egg which one would they be?

Definitely Twirl. While the egg itself is nice enough, inside you're left with crumbly, flaky chocolate bars that just end up making a mess. Ultimately disappointing and unsatisfying.

Worst item you've brought from a gift shop?

Probably one of those "floaty" pens that had a tiny diorama and moving car / boat inside that moved as you tipped the pen back and forth.

Are we going fined for breathing on Saturday? 

Quite possibly. Honestly I'm expecting something to kick off, given who we're up against. Woody will want to prove himself against us and I'm hoping our lads will want to do likewise. Brace yourselves!

Normally I'd expect us to lose this one...and we still probably will. But part of me has a sneaking suspicion this is one of those games where Boro will turn up. We're away and the hosts will be the favourites. So like Rocket I think we'll cause a bit of an upset and nick it by the odd goal: Bournemouth 0 - 1 Boro.

Edited by AnglianRed

I remember the motorbikes at Lightwater Valley, they were the best bit about it, although you had to pay extra on top of the admission fee (if I remember correctly the track was situated next to the car park so you could just go for the bikes). As @edinboromentioned, absolutely no health and safety, you just paid your money and jumped on a 50cc motorbike along with a load of other kids on a track made out of hay bales, what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I made this in case someone needed to do an emergency thread, seems too good to waste

Polish_20210401_114042628.jpg

Wrong movie.

Should have gone with Episode II: Attack of the Clowns. 😉

18 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I remember the motorbikes at Lightwater Valley, they were the best bit about it, although you had to pay extra on top of the admission fee (if I remember correctly the track was situated next to the car park so you could just go for the bikes). As @edinboromentioned, absolutely no health and safety, you just paid your money and jumped on a 50cc motorbike along with a load of other kids on a track made out of hay bales, what could possibly go wrong?

I don't know if it was Lightwater Valley but I definitely had some fun on mini bikes as a kid. Similar set-up with hay bales marking out the track. Fell off quite a few times and ended up face first in the hay...didn't dampen my enthusiasm at all.

Can't even remember if we were made to wear helmets.

Oh for a return to the days when a large part of being a kid was doing things you probably shouldn't and getting hurt in the process.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think it was when they got new ones and I was used to the old ones. Great days.

1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Sounds like we have a few injuries. Mostly in midfield perhaps. All the attacking lads playing? Could be fun to watch.

Yeah, it sounds like we have somehow picked up a fair few injuries.

I don't expect Tavernier to be fit, also I don't expect Assombalonga to be in the squad, not sure who else could be injured though.

Hopefully not Bola.

Yeah Bola to Johnson or coulson would probably be the biggest downgrade we could have in the team. Hopefully he's okay. Tav would be the other one that I don't think we can do without. We have players who can play in his position but he's the only one who can drive us forward And link up our attacking play like he does.

• Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)