oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing I won't miss about seeing this match in person, it's that I won't have to travel half the night to get there. That’s right ladies, gents and mascots, Boro are back in action afte

I presume you're excluding the QPR promotion as it was 10 years ago. If you're excluding Cardiff, and it's a big exclusion, he's not really managed that much in the last 10 years. Crystal Pa

I think there's a lot of feeling floating around that this is a guarantee, when it's anything but. For one, he's spent 2 transfer windows trying to find that striker and failed. Theres every chance th

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I don't think many of us are exactly overjoyed at the prospect of Warnock continuing...its more the fact we're resigned to not being able to get anyone better...

..at least until Gibson feels like opening his wallet again and giving any prospective newcomers a fat transfer kitty.

Even without a big transfer budget, you can still play good football. Purposeful football on the floor or possession based. Warnocks tactics are a CHOICE, I think this is what annoys me the most. 

it is in some ways a dead season anyway, but I think it’s more of the same next season which just turns me off even more. The game was there to be won today but we just didn’t even do anything bar Watmore’s shot. 

I hope today makes it crystal clear to anyone with any lingering hopes, that Boro are not a top 6 team.

We are a bang average mid table team at best.

We get torn to shreds defensively by any decent teams and struggle to muster much in the way of attacking threat against any team that has half a clue how to defend.

We were outclassed  in the first half. Improved briefly in the second half and got a deserved equaliser. But yet again we shot ourselves in the foot straight away to concede a second...from then on we just imploded.

Bournemouth weren't amazing...they didn't need to be. They were simply above average...which was way too good for Boro.

Pathetic. Disgraceful.

This is the most annoyed I've been about a game all season, which is really saying something because I've pretty much been numb to everything for a while now. 

Bournemouth didn't have to break a sweat and to be honest 3-1 flatters us. If they'd stepped up a gear they could have battered that Boro side by 6 or 7.

Warnock will have his excuses as he always does, but this is a spectacularly poor performance from him in particular. Tactics all wrong, took way too long to change things and when he did it had zero impact on the game and it didn't even seem like there was a plan with the changes. And HOW does a team go out on that pitch with that high a stakes and show zero fight, zero passion, zero motivation. What did he say to the players to make them put on that shambolic display?

I'm disheartened, dismayed, furious at the fact that we've handed this man the reigns for another season, because mark my words, we're not getting promoted under him. Feel free to bookmark this.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

I have no issue with Warnock continuing whatsoever. 

Why? What has he he done to suggest that he’ll do better next season?

He’s had a full pre-season and signed 11 players this year. Produced nothing and the football is atrocious. 

Let’s not pretend he didn’t say he wanted promotion this season. He said he wouldn’t be here for anything else.

We won’t finish any higher next year with him in charge. No chance. 

• Like 1
Just now, Whoppy said:

I have no issue with Warnock continuing whatsoever. 

Not a single issue, even after a performance like this? Not a single concern at all? What does he have to do to gain an ounce of criticism from some fans? He literally said we'd give it a good go today and "we'd see that from his selection" but christ, both teams today have laboured through the game and we've still come out of it 2-goal losers, with one, maybe two chances of note coming our way.

I've accepted he's gonna be here next season, I'm still gonna be at the Riverside and I still think he can get us promoted... but Christ, I think he could literally take a dump on the Riverside turf and get away with it with some people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Even without a big transfer budget, you can still play good football. Purposeful football on the floor or possession based. Warnocks tactics are a CHOICE, I think this is what annoys me the most. 

it is in some ways a dead season anyway, but I think it’s more of the same next season which just turns me off even more. The game was there to be won today but we just didn’t even do anything bar Watmore’s shot. 

Exactly...most managers have a preferred way of doing things and Warnock has his.

If we want change, we're going to need a new manager. You can't really be too critical of a guy his age being set in his ways. He's only a season or two from permanent retirement.

But to attract decent managerial talent, we have to be able to offer more than other clubs also looking for new managers.

Given the choice between a skint club and one that can offer millions to spend on new players, which one would you go to?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not even going to get in to it, he's done it absolutely loads this season, and we've conceded plenty because of it.

That doesn't mean that's what's happened today. You're preaching to the choir if you're just trying to convince me or most Boro fans that Bettinelli is a bad keeper, we know, we've watched him. It doesn't mean everything is his fault, there's plenty of times he's done things worth the criticism this season and I don't think that parry even comes close to being in a top 10 or even top 20.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Gonna be a bit tougher to make the play offs now.

Can't believe your pessimism, of course we'll make the play offs we're nailed on, anyone can see that, today was just erm a small blip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not a single issue, even after a performance like this? Not a single concern at all? What does he have to do to gain an ounce of criticism from some fans? He literally said we'd give it a good go today and "we'd see that from his selection" but christ, both teams today have laboured through the game and we've still come out of it 2-goal losers, with one, maybe two chances of note coming our way.

I've accepted he's gonna be here next season, I'm still gonna be at the Riverside and I still think he can get us promoted... but Christ, I think he could literally take a dump on the Riverside turf and get away with it with some people.

He'd just blame someone else anyway.

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

People still shocked we're not very good?

It's easier if you detach yourself. This circus isn't getting better any time soon.

Don't bother even pretending to be hopeful for next season.

You don't think we'll be able to stay up in the Premier League?

• Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)