oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

The ship sailed a long, long time ago. Play-offs have been there for us for months if we were half-decent. Reading and Bournemouth practically begged us to go and grab that 6th spot.

McCarthy got appointed in, what, January? And Cardiff are still closer to the spots than us, having been in 15th when he took over.

Squad isn't good enough, Warnock isn't good enough. Rough year next year for the Boro.

I think both the squad and Warnock should be good enough for play-offs even this season. I had all but made my mind up about it before today but today absolutely confirms it for me, no chance of play-offs. That, for me, means this season is a failure... but we've already given Warnock his undue reward of keeping his job so got to suck it up and see how he does next year with a squad perhaps further built in his image. The thought of that is pretty depressing but if he takes us up then fair enough, if not it's yet another 2 years down the drain for Gibson to have worked with one of his old mates.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing I won't miss about seeing this match in person, it's that I won't have to travel half the night to get there. That’s right ladies, gents and mascots, Boro are back in action afte

I presume you're excluding the QPR promotion as it was 10 years ago. If you're excluding Cardiff, and it's a big exclusion, he's not really managed that much in the last 10 years. Crystal Pa

I think there's a lot of feeling floating around that this is a guarantee, when it's anything but. For one, he's spent 2 transfer windows trying to find that striker and failed. Theres every chance th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Oslo_Syd said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how our last games pan out. Some things are for sure: we don’t have the quality to make the playoffs, we certainly don’t have the quality to get promoted, and even if we did get promoted we sure as hell don’t have the quality to stay in the Prem. NW was never more than a temporary fix to save us from relegation, and as I understand it he has only been given a one-year extension. If we want a good manager, I’m afraid we will have to go down the Karanka road again and try to appoint someone from overseas. And then we’re probably looking at a 2-3 year project, at the least.

I think for the next two games at least we have to go all out for the win.  I appreciate that we apparently did that today so it's not saying much but while there is still even a faint chance of promotion then we have to try.  If results go against us in the next two then I'd start looking to next season.  I wouldn't select anyone that isn't in our plans and if there are a few youngsters with promise then I'd have no problem giving them some first team experience.  I've already had plenty to say about Warnock staying on and how pointless it is but that ship has sailed.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That’s it.... even the negativity has affected me now..... I have come to the conclusion that the automatic promotion places are beyond us now..... I think we might have to settle for the playoffs..... Sorry 😢 to be so negative 🤷‍♂️

See Boro...see what you've done to this poor optimistic, fun-loving soul?

Your repeated shambolic performances have broken him.

Shame on you!

Tom And Jerry Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

Another totally naff performance from a team that seems to be on holiday already.

Muff were not that good but boy we  were poor and so many individual errors.

Our hope levels soon get dashed

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)

I think Warnock in his interview with Boro website is trolling us. Says he enjoyed and thought we would win once we scored. Then says he's going to play 11 defenders on Monday. Not funny Neil if your reading. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Interestingly we've had 19 different goalscorers so far this season. Yet no one player has managed more than 7.

447968570_BoroGoalscorers020421.PNG.c137f0327e69855df64435d34308842f.PNG

Watmore, Brown and Folarin front 3 next season!

• Like 1

The game was ‘exciting’ according to Warnock. 

Hopefully he was just employing some ill-judged deflection to take eyes off what was another shocking performance, otherwise he’s more delusional than I’d previously thought. 

Warnock and those like him have had their time in the game now. It’s moved on. The sooner we can move on the better, as we’re going nowhere with him in charge. 

• Like 3

Warnock confirmed Fry and Tav out for 2 weeks.

Shame Wood out on loan to Crewe where he been in and out the team. He could have been given a good 5 or 6 game run here.

Some would argue if he cant get regular game time at Crewe team he wont get in ours but he would have got in our teamdue to injuries so would have been good to see how he does

Totally hopeless performance was no drive or ambition in that game to go out and win it. We gifted all 3 goals with horrendous defending. They is no excuse for Warnock now we are playing worse picking up worser points total than we were in first half season with a better squad now.