oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Assuming Johnson, Fletcher, Bolasie and Kebano are all leaving for good in the summer, I'd be starting Watmore and Akpom in every game for the rest of the season.

I really don't rate Akpom but he's the only senior striker we have who's not out of contract, and it might finally click for him with the pressure off.

I know Watmore had Covid, so it's hard to say how much him being dropped was down to selection or necessity, but he's our top scorer and he should be cemented as a starter for next season.

I'd add Johnson to that list as well as Spence and Coulson. I know Johnson is out of contract but I'd guess he is affordable and has shown to be a useful squad player at this level and with the amount of overhauling required we need a semblance of stability plus he does at least look like he is trying.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing I won't miss about seeing this match in person, it's that I won't have to travel half the night to get there. That’s right ladies, gents and mascots, Boro are back in action afte

I presume you're excluding the QPR promotion as it was 10 years ago. If you're excluding Cardiff, and it's a big exclusion, he's not really managed that much in the last 10 years. Crystal Pa

I think there's a lot of feeling floating around that this is a guarantee, when it's anything but. For one, he's spent 2 transfer windows trying to find that striker and failed. Theres every chance th

Posted Images

NW is a good talker who fools some people all of the time. It’s utter bull**** to claim has or will progress the club since his arrival or is going to. He has brought in many players most of what he requested and talked about a golden egg elusive striker that never materialized simply because there isn’t one that could play his style.  
He is outdated stale, predictable, indecisive and a poor mentor. 
I’ll defy anyone who was confident in predicting a game anywhere through this season and only a fool would have placed bets on any of the game played to date.  
NW did a job, kept us up and that should have been that, but no, we got stuck with him, not for one but two seasons. 
Not do we only loose, but lose a lot against weaker teams and play constant s#** football. 
He spent a great deal of spending and changing the team to build a mid table club playing s#** football and that’s the sum of it. 

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

NW is a good talker who fools some people all of the time. It’s utter bull**** to claim has or will progress the club since his arrival or is going to. He has brought in many players most of what he requested and talked about a golden egg elusive striker that never materialized simply because there isn’t one that could play his style.  
He is outdated stale, predictable, indecisive and a poor mentor. 
I’ll defy anyone who was confident in predicting a game anywhere through this season and only a fool would have placed bets on any of the game played to date.  
NW did a job, kept us up and that should have been that, but no, we got stuck with him, not for one but two seasons. 
Not do we only loose, but lose a lot against weaker teams and play constant s#** football. 
He spent a great deal of spending and changing the team to build a mid table club playing s#** football and that’s the sum of it. 

NW as we know is here for next season, but lets be fair forward thinking vision went out the window a long time ago with this club, we're just plodding along, with very little ambition. I'd bet my house Gibson will hail this season as a success and point to where we are now compared to last season, that's how he rolls.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

NW as we know is here for next season, but lets be fair forward thinking vision went out the window a long time ago with this club, we're just plodding along, with very little ambition. I'd bet my house Gibson will hail this season as a success and point to where we are now compared to last season, that's how he rolls.  

I dunno - I think Gibson has ambition...or maybe he did but got it knocked out of him after our season with Monk. He's just never had a coherent plan in place to make that ambition a reality.

He's just done things on the fly...gambled and hoped they worked out.

But the stark facts are football has taken a financial battering across all the leagues. I don't know what kind of shape Boro are in to bounce back, but I'm assuming its not great.

If Gibson wants us to tread water for another season or so , until fans start coming back to the stadium and they get some useful revenue flowing into the coffers...I can accept that. Even if it means we're stuck with Warnock for another season (maybe even the one after that).

I just console myself with the fact Neil can't go on much longer (as a manager, at least). The lure of the pipe and slippers will become too loud to ignore sooner, rather than later.

I'm still watching F1 with a similar view. This season isn't going to be much different from last, but there are major regulation changes coming next season, which will hopefully shake things up for the better.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno - I think Gibson has ambition...or maybe he did but got it knocked out of him after our season with Monk. He's just never had a coherent plan in place to make that ambition a reality.

He's just done things on the fly...gambled and hoped they worked out.

But the stark facts are football has taken a financial battering across all the leagues. I don't know what kind of shape Boro are in to bounce back, but I'm assuming its not great.

If Gibson wants us to tread water for another season or so , until fans start coming back to the stadium and they get some useful revenue flowing into the coffers...I can accept that. Even if it means we're stuck with Warnock for another season (maybe even the one after that).

I just console myself with the fact Neil can't go on much longer (as a manager, at least). The lure of the pipe and slippers will become too loud to ignore sooner, rather than later.

I'm still watching F1 with a similar view. This season isn't going to be much different from last, but there are major regulation changes coming next season, which will hopefully shake things up for the better.

It makes sense what your saying because Gibson backed Monk financially, but since then his last last 3 choices of manager haven't been a chairman looking to build for the future, but more in survival mode. I would have sooner sold a player to pay the extra wages for a young ambitious manager.

The problem you have is that putting bums on seats is hard to do if the fans don't like what's being served up and a few on this forum have voiced that with regard to renewing their season ticket cards and that is were it could fail financially. The old cliché "we need to hit the ground running comes to mind" because fans haven't been in the Riverside for over 12 months and some may feel their money is spent a lot better elsewhere. 

I've said it on numerous occasions Gibson has surrounded himself with yes men rather than bringing someone in who's going to tell him what his doing wrong, and being a chairman for over 30 years doesn't make necessarily make you a good judge which in my opinion is the case with Gibson.  

• Like 2