oneBoro Forum

Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That doesn't mean that's what's happened today. You're preaching to the choir if you're just trying to convince me or most Boro fans that Bettinelli is a bad keeper, we know, we've watched him. It doesn't mean everything is his fault, there's plenty of times he's done things worth the criticism this season and I don't think that parry even comes close to being in a top 10 or even top 20.

He parried yet another shot that was straight at him in to the path of the opposition, it is far from the first time he's done it.

You can say our defenders should have cleared it up, but given he repeatedly does it even when our defenders aren't there it was clearly not a deliberate attempt to play the ball to them.

He was the main player at fault, even if McNair was at fault and the other defenders were at fault too.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If there is one thing I won't miss about seeing this match in person, it's that I won't have to travel half the night to get there. That’s right ladies, gents and mascots, Boro are back in action afte

I presume you're excluding the QPR promotion as it was 10 years ago. If you're excluding Cardiff, and it's a big exclusion, he's not really managed that much in the last 10 years. Crystal Pa

I think there's a lot of feeling floating around that this is a guarantee, when it's anything but. For one, he's spent 2 transfer windows trying to find that striker and failed. Theres every chance th

Posted Images

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

People still shocked we're not very good?

It's easier if you detach yourself. This circus isn't getting better any time soon.

Don't bother even pretending to be hopeful for next season.

I always want us to win, no doubt I'd be happier if we won today. But losing brings us into the 'clutching at straws' territory when it comes to challenging for promotion and certainly makes it easier to forget about this season and start wondering about next year instead.

That looked like a performance where 

Bettinneli 

Kebano 

Bolasie 

NML 

Fletcher

all know they will not be here next season. And why does Warnock insist on playing Coulson on the right?

• Like 1

I cannot fathom the lack of desire served by a lot of players today ... 

We always pick the wrong pass ...

Furthermore a lot of our players play it backwards way too much .. and we slow everything down. ... 

Then all these very optimistic long passes ... One out of five thousand might create half a chance ... 

It is not that hard... But we lack vision, desire, guts and drive. 

They fear making mistakes, so they don't take any chances ... 

Weak bunch of plodders and W

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He parried yet another shot that was straight at him in to the path of the opposition, it is far from the first time he's done it.

You can say our defenders should have cleared it up, but given he repeatedly does it even when our defenders aren't there it was clearly not a deliberate attempt to play the ball to them.

He was the main player at fault, even if McNair was at fault and the other defenders were at fault too.

I've not said it was a deliberate attempt to play the ball to them, a parry is rarely a deliberate attempt to do anything other than stop a shot and better keepers will try to parry it away from the goal for sure. But the ball lands in our defender's territory and they stand still and watch Solanke run past them. It really doesn't matter how often he's done it, it could be the first time or the millionth time he's done it, he's not the main problem in preventing this goal, for me.

3 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It's easier if you detach yourself. This circus isn't getting better any time soon.

It's not detaching yourself from it if you're constantly complaining about it, haha.

It's being negative.

Detaching yourself would be not being bothered at all, you clearly are from your posting history.

1 minute ago, edinboro said:

And why does Warnock insist on playing Coulson on the right?

I don't think Warnock insists on playing Coulson anywhere, he insists on not playing him more than anything. Certainly least of our concerns right now, too.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I always want us to win, no doubt I'd be happier if we won today. But losing brings us into the 'clutching at straws' territory when it comes to challenging for promotion and certainly makes it easier to forget about this season and start wondering about next year instead.

The ship sailed a long, long time ago. Play-offs have been there for us for months if we were half-decent. Reading and Bournemouth practically begged us to go and grab that 6th spot.

McCarthy got appointed in, what, January? And Cardiff are still closer to the spots than us, having been in 15th when he took over.

Squad isn't good enough, Warnock isn't good enough. Rough year next year for the Boro.

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

As a Boro fan you  always have to live in hope it comes with the territory I'm afraid.

That’s it.... even the negativity has affected me now..... I have come to the conclusion that the automatic promotion places are beyond us now..... I think we might have to settle for the playoffs..... Sorry 😢 to be so negative 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

It’s going to be interesting to see how our last games pan out. Some things are for sure: we don’t have the quality to make the playoffs, we certainly don’t have the quality to get promoted, and even if we did get promoted we sure as hell don’t have the quality to stay in the Prem. NW was never more than a temporary fix to save us from relegation, and as I understand it he has only been given a one-year extension. If we want a good manager, I’m afraid we will have to go down the Karanka road again and try to appoint someone from overseas. And then we’re probably looking at a 2-3 year project, at the least.

• Like 2
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

It's not detaching yourself from it if you're constantly complaining about it, haha.

It's being negative.

Detaching yourself would be not being bothered at all, you clearly are from your posting history.

I don't get angry or upset when we lose. I'm very relaxed about it all.

Negative? Sure. But, er... not sure I can see any reason not to be.

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

That’s it.... even the negativity has affected me now..... I have come to the conclusion that the automatic promotion places are beyond us now..... I think we might have to settle for the playoffs..... Sorry 😢 to be so negative 🤷‍♂️

Fickle 🤢

• Haha 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Bournemouth vs Boro 02/04/2021 3pm -Good Friday or Bad Friday? 3-1 (Watmore)