oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford 1-1 (Bolasie)

I'd love us to have a manager that tried to impose our game on the opposition, instead of trying to stifle them.

I know Karanka was seen as negative, but at least he had a clear game plan and way WE played. The emphasis in the Championship was on us trying to win, not stop a defeat. I know this changed in the Premiership.

I hope we show some ambition with our next appointment. And some balls.

• Like 3
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion v Moose, Monday 5th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: Stadia by the Tees "The next game of this season, Incase anyone is still interested..." Well, where to start... probab

Live footage of Robin Johnson.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Depressing stat.

Can't help but wonder how the season might have panned out differently if Rotherham hadn't cancelled the Boxing Day match.

Never forget that Blackburn game. An absolute turning point.

2 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Never forget that Blackburn game. An absolute turning point.

It would be interesting to see what the championship table looked like if VAR had been introduced. See if there were any massive winners or losers.

I certainly think Swansea would be further down and we would have some more points. Doesn't excuse the dross we have served up though.

There's no way that negativity from a manager doesn't translate to the players. When they see line-ups like this, when they're coached in the way Warnock coaches them, I'm unsurprised to see the tepid performances we saw last time out.

When your manager is basically saying "let's try not to get beat by too many here", you're going into the game with your head down.

• Like 1
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

There's no way that negativity from a manager doesn't translate to the players. When they see line-ups like this, when they're coached in the way Warnock coaches them, I'm unsurprised to see the tepid performances we saw last time out.

When your manager is basically saying "let's try not to get beat by too many here", you're going into the game with your head down.

We played a very attacking line up on Friday, and barely tested their goal.

Clearly didn't help their attitude then, so I'm not sure why putting out a more conservative side would suddenly make them play worse.

Seems to be lots of pop psychology going on lately.

Somebody on FMTTM is laughably blaming the struggles on us stopping taking the knee, despite us stopping in the 3rd match of the season and doing absolutely fine for months after that.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

We played a very attacking line up on Friday, and barely tested their goal.

Clearly didn't help their attitude then, so I'm not sure why putting out a more conservative side would suddenly make them play worse.

Seems to be lots of pop psychology going on lately.

Somebody on FMTTM is laughably blaming the struggles on us stopping taking the knee, despite us stopping in the 3rd match of the season and doing absolutely fine for months after that.

Was it very attacking? We played a standard 4-4-2 without a recognised centre forward up top. Are Boro fans now conditioned into thinking any formation that doesn't have 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders counts as 'very attacking'?

Did we play in a very attacking style? Did we overlap, shift the play from side to side, perform quick switches on the counter to unlock space?

Or did we, er, try to cross a lot?

"Pop psychology". Give me a break. Anyone who has played football knows that half the battle is believing you can do it. We do not play like a team that believes it can score goals. Simple as.

What a ridiculously crap team. Spence as a winger? Three midfield plodders. Little Watmore isolated up front. I suppose we can only surprise today. Can’t really see anything but an easy watford win. They are on a roll and we are a pretty crap team. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Was it very attacking? We played a standard 4-4-2 without a recognised centre forward up top. Are Boro fans now conditioned into thinking any formation that doesn't have 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders counts as 'very attacking'?

Did we play in a very attacking style? Did we overlap, shift the play from side to side, perform quick switches on the counter to unlock space?

Or did we, er, try to cross a lot?

"Pop psychology". Give me a break. Anyone who has played football knows that half the battle is believing you can do it. We do not play like a team that believes it can score goals. Simple as.

I said attacking line-up, not an attacking style, and it was.

I don't believe that George Saville starting over Mendez-Laing is suddenly going to make players lose all confidence in their ability to win a game, Saville's scored more goals this season than any player on that bench.

They clearly can't have confidence anyway if 2 changes is going to knock them for 6.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I don't believe that George Saville starting over Mendez-Laing is suddenly going to make players lose all confidence in their ability to win a game, Saville's scored more goals this season than any player on that bench.

They clearly can't have confidence anyway if 2 changes is going to knock them for 6.

I don't know why you're acting like I'm saying this is some sudden thing. It has been the case for the better part of 6 months. Of course they don't have confidence, and what we're now beginning to see is a lack of confidence + a lack of effort, which has always been there before.

Did this team go into this "play off chase" believing it could get there? I'll let you decide.

Pulis levels of negativity. Please just *** off Warnock.

Does anyone think there's a chance if our end to the season is dreadful Warnock could get the kick? That early contract for him was another one in a catalog of dumb decisions by Gibson.

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

You can put 10 strikers on the pitch but if you askt hem all to defend for 90 mins it's not an attacking lineup.

I see the Warnock bashers are out in force again. He put the very type of line up that you lot have been crying out for since he came in on Friday and what happened? We played like a bunch of sissies 🤷‍♂️
Now he puts a bit of battle back into the midfield and it’s negative 🙄 

No team will ever win a game if they don’t put themselves about and ruffle a few feathers. I’m delighted that he has put a solid midfield in there. Let’s win the battle first and then worry about winning the game 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

I see the Warnock bashers are out in force again. He put the very type of line up that you lot have been crying out for since he came in on Friday and what happened? We played like a bunch of sissies 🤷‍♂️
Now he puts a bit of battle back into the midfield and it’s negative 🙄 

No team will ever win a game if they don’t put themselves about and ruffle a few feathers. I’m delighted that he has put a solid midfield in there. Let’s win the battle first and then worry about winning the game 

Yeah, because football is as simple as making it a "battle".

That has been working well for us so far!

• Confused 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro V Watford 1-1 (Bolasie)