oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford 1-1 (Bolasie)

9 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

I don’t think it’s for fact they don’t care, our system has for a long time been set up in a way that makes creating chances look difficult. Have we ever had a prolific striker of sorts since the days of two upfront and Hasselbaink/Viduka etc? 

Only 2 that I can think of. A couple of seasons ago when Britt got into double figures (14-15) and Bamford a few years before that when he got 17.

We do seem to mostly share goals around the team. Which I suppose is a good thing, given how bad we are at providing service to strikers.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion v Moose, Monday 5th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: Stadia by the Tees "The next game of this season, Incase anyone is still interested..." Well, where to start... probab

Live footage of Robin Johnson.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Only 2 that I can think of. A couple of seasons ago when Britt got into double figures (14-15) and Bamford a few years before that when he got 17.

We do seem to mostly share goals around the team. Which I suppose is a good thing, given how bad we are at providing service to strikers.

Fair comments and I didn’t think about Bamford! 

2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Replicate it over the season. For unsuccessful touches per 90 he's 10th, (1st having the most) below the likes of Tav, Watmore Bolasie and Kebano. For being dispossessed per 90 he's 4th, Tav and Watmore dispossessed more than him. For passing percentages he's 5th (1st having the best percentage). 

He obviously has something about him other than just being quick, you'd expect at 20 he'd have room to grow. I get that he's frustrating to watch at time (decision making) but there is a weird agenda against him on here. 

Stats can very easily be misleading. Players who attempt riskier passes, more aggressive passes, usually have lower success rates. The players with the highest pass success rates are usually centre backs, because (in most teams, not ours lol) they make safe plays to move the ball into midfield.

All you have to do is watch him mate. He has no first touch, no football intelligence, he does not know what to do when he gets the ball (or when he isn't on it), he is out of position all the time, and to top it all off, he is lazy and has horrible body language. Every time he gets the ball he ends up running up a cul de sac and trying a step over or to shield the ball with his back to goal and loses it.

How often he does this compared to other players is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Great tackle from Coulson on Hall followed by a great block by Watmore on the Saville header.

Also typical that our first chance on goal is offside... 🤦‍♂️🙄

Check another box on your Boro Bingo card.

9 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Stats can very easily be misleading. Players who attempt riskier passes, more aggressive passes, usually have lower success rates. The players with the highest pass success rates are usually centre backs, because (in most teams, not ours lol) they make safe plays to move the ball into midfield.

All you have to do is watch him mate. He has no first touch, no football intelligence, he does not know what to do when he gets the ball (or when he isn't on it), he is out of position all the time, and to top it all off, he is lazy and has horrible body language. Every time he gets the ball he ends up running up a cul de sac and trying a step over or to shield the ball with his back to goal and loses it.

How often he does this compared to other players is irrelevant.

Fair enough, I see it slightly differently, but hey football is a game of opinions.

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro V Watford 1-1 (Bolasie)