• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion v Moose, Monday 5th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: Stadia by the Tees "The next game of this season, Incase anyone is still interested..." Well, where to start... probab

Live footage of Robin Johnson.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We're relying on other results anyway.

A point gets us within 6 points if they go our way, if they don't then a win wouldn't matter either.

I'd be buzzing with a point, we've been dreadful.

Don’t think I’ll ever be happy when we play such woeful football. If we’re not playing for anything and the football is abject, there’s nothing to enjoy. 

Given that we’re out of touch now, what have we got to lose by going for it. Warnock set out to kill this game and got away with a point because of one good delivery from McNair. I’ll just never be able to get on board with that mindset. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Honestly a win wouldn't really do anything for us, with regards to the play-offs. We'd still be 5 points off 6th place and the teams above us would have 1 or 2 games in hand.

So because it does nothing for us, you’re happy with us just killing the game off? What does that achieve? Surely you’ve got to try and play well, score goals and improve? 

1 minute ago, JMC91 said:

Don’t think I’ll ever be happy when we play such woeful football. If we’re not playing for anything and the football is abject, there’s nothing to enjoy. 

Given that we’re out of touch now, what have we got to lose by going for it. Warnock set out to kill this game and got away with a point because of one good delivery from McNair. I’ll just never be able to get on board with that mindset. 

I thought we were shocking today, but I don't blame Warnock for wanting to hang on for a point against the 2nd placed team in the league full of Premiership quality.

We never looked like scoring, so that goal was jealously protected when it did go in.

John Krasinski Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

Thanks Warnock for that, probably wont bother watching next week. No intention of trying to win that and dont think he will against Barnsley either. 

Well that went a lot better than I expected. Especially considering how we played for most of the game.

Both sides seemed to treat the game like a training match for long periods. No urgency or intensity...though Watford mixed it up with some quick attacks.

Visitors had a big slice of luck for their goal. Although they were the better team, they didn't create too many scares for us until they scored.

Took Boro quite a while to wake up and mount some kind of response. We took our chance from the free-kick brilliantly. Paddy with a pinpoint cross into the box and Yannick heading it with equal accuracy into the corner.

If I'm being brutally honest, I don't think we deserved the draw, but thats football. Sometimes you get things you don't deserve...sometimes you don't get what you do deserve... 🤷‍♂️

Just wondering if the lack of intensity is down to end-of-season fatigue? Or if Warnock is trying to keep the lads fresh for the "easier" games he expects us to win (i.e. Rotherham, Wednesday, Wycombe etc.)

• Like 2

It was a crap game from both sides with only one clear cut chance I can think of from either side. Two decent defences and poor attacks by and large keeping the goals to a minimum. They got a lucky goal but then Pedro should defo score his chance. Then McNair's ball is terrific and Bolasie getting in to make the most of it.

There'll be a few I've no doubt thinking we should have lost by virtue of us not being very good in an attacking sense but Watford were rubbish too. A point is a fair reflection of that game. I really don't think a win would have made much difference at this stage so got to take what positives you can muster from each game in preparation for next season.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

So because it does nothing for us, you’re happy with us just killing the game off? What does that achieve? Surely you’ve got to try and play well, score goals and improve? 

Over a season, particularly when you're juggling a squad of tired and injured players, you also have to know when to stick with what you've got?

Especially when you have nothing to play for and winning a particular game isn't going to gain you any real reward.

If we still had a realistic shot of making the play-offs I'd wholeheartedly agree, but in this situation its like Valtteri Bottas continuing to put in fastest laps to try and win the race when Lewis Hamilton is already 20 seconds ahead of him, with only 6 laps to go.

Just now, sanddancer said:

Best you could come up with? 
So what’s your take on on it all. Go on take a put and actually print something 

I've posted absolutely plenty on what I think.

I'm one of the most prolific posters on here during a match.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1