oneBoro Forum

Boro V Watford 1-1 (Bolasie)

It would be hilarious if the results went for us today and we go and beat Barnsley next week. Warnock would be fuming I think. He's given up on this season.

Clear now Fletcher is off as well as Britt. Akpom did ok when he came on. Running with the ball is obviously his thing, not winning headers.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion v Moose, Monday 5th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: Stadia by the Tees "The next game of this season, Incase anyone is still interested..." Well, where to start... probab

Live footage of Robin Johnson.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many

Posted Images

Playoffs may have been incredibly unlikely going into this game but that slight chance would have been kept alive if we had won. As long as there's a chance, surely it's worth fighting for. So for us to equalise and then time waste, clearly grinding out a point is just shocking.  It's a pathetic mentality.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Playoffs may have been incredibly unlikely going into this game but that slight chance would have been kept alive if we had won. As far as I'm concerned, as long as there's a chance, it's worth fighting for. So for us to equalise and then time waste, clearly grinding out a point is just shocking. What's the point in that? It's a pathetic mentality.

It was the hardest game left for us, against a team nobody gave us a chance against.

Either the season is over, and it's an irrelevant but confidence building point.

Or it's not and and it's put us within 6 points of the play-offs.

We've been done on the break so many times this season, if we'd went gung-ho there's every chance we'd have conceded a second.

We need results to go our way for it to matter anyway, the teams above don't lose and the gap is still probably far too much even if we'd won.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Over a season, particularly when you're juggling a squad of tired and injured players, you also have to know when to stick with what you've got?

Especially when you have nothing to play for and winning a particular game isn't going to gain you any real reward.

We may as well play out the rest of the season with the youth teams then.

Warnock has banged on all season about ‘putting a smile on faces’, ‘giving it a real go’ etc but it’s evidently absolute *** as he never attempts to do either. Either that or he’s incapable of putting out a side of doing that.

I personally think it’s both - he neither wants to or can. He’s just a spin merchant like Pulis and for some reason, despite the football being dire, loads of people lap it up.

I’ll never be able to get on board with his mentality or approach and I’ll stick my neck out now and say we won’t improve next season. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Playoffs may have been incredibly unlikely going into this game but that slight chance would have been kept alive if we had won. As far as I'm concerned, as long as there's a chance, it's worth fighting for. So for us to equalise and then time waste, clearly grinding out a point is just shocking. What's the point in that? It's a pathetic mentality.

It's not half as pathetic as some of the performances that have put us in the position of being desperate to begin with. I certainly won't look back on today to think about what could have been. I think it's a failure for us not to make the playoffs personally but if we somehow scrapped back into them in the last 6 games, I wouldn't be overly happy with how we achieved it either.

All things considered, including the poor attacking performance today, there are worse things than holding onto a point against the 2nd place team in the league and the best team since Christmas.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

We may as well play out the rest of the season with the youth teams then.

Warnock has banged on all season about ‘putting a smile on faces’, ‘giving it a real go’ etc but it’s evidently absolute *** as he never attempts to do either. Either that or he’s incapable of putting out a side of doing that.

I personally think it’s both - he neither wants to or can. He’s just a spin merchant like Pulis and for some reason, despite the football being dire, loads of people lap it up.

I’ll never be able to get on board with his mentality or approach and I’ll stick my neck out now and say we won’t improve next season. 

I would actually be all for playing our reserve / youth players for the Wycombe, Wednesday & Rotherham games, just to give them some first team experience.

Our season has been over (realistically, if not mathematically) for a while now, so I really don't see the harm in it.

I agree Warnock's press statements have been rather at odds with what we've seen on the pitch. The reasons for this we can only speculate at, but I'd bet the loan players are just looking ahead to next season, along with those whose contracts are up and not being renewed.

If I had to guess, he is just putting a brave face on a messy situation, that won't be resolved until those who are leaving have left and we get some new signings in.

It was an ok ish game. I didn’t think Spence played as badly as people are making out, there were some glimpses of skill and he occasionally looked a danger. The substitutions worked, and we didn’t resort to hoof ball. Not a bad result against a decent team, I’ve seen us play a lot worse. 

• Like 4

I honestly can’t believe that we are going to have to put up with another full season of Warnock’s horrendously negative attitude and *** poor football. Any other sports worth a watch as an alternative to watching Boro for the next year?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I honestly can’t believe that we are going to have to put up with another full season of Warnock’s horrendously negative attitude and *** poor football. Any other sports worth a watch as an alternative to watching Boro for the next year?

Premier  League Darts starts tonight, although Durrant is in horrible form.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Premier  League Darts starts tonight, although Durrant is in horrible form.

I might give it a try... can’t be any worse than watching Boro at the moment.