• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lion v Moose, Monday 5th April 2021 Kick Off: 12.30 Location: Stadia by the Tees "The next game of this season, Incase anyone is still interested..." Well, where to start... probab

Live footage of Robin Johnson.

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many

Posted Images

3 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Best you could come up with? 
So what’s your take on on it all. Go on take a put and actually print something 

Any need for that?

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

You said we can do it all in the local pup instead of local pub.  It was well played from Blanco 🙂

Oh hell and I read twice, age and eye sight 😬

• Haha 1

Well, wasn't exactly a game that'll be talked about much in the future as a season defining moment. Didn't think that Watford were particularly good given the players/squad they have. Cant be too disappointed that we fought back to get the draw, but I am disappointed that we needed too. Hopefully we can go unbeaten until the end of the season and start the next one stronger. Would like to see Kebano and Bolasie still here next season!

• Like 1

Ironic when you look at the table and realise how crucial 3 to 4 more wins given away to weaker teams and what it means to the playoffs. Mind it shows the gulf in what is needed for automatic promotion. 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Must be a age thing, I don’t get it? 

Apologies @sanddancer you finished your post with being down the local pup. My attempt at humour by saying the young dogs in your area obviously failed 😞 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Apologies @sanddancer you finished your post with being down the local pup. My attempt at humour by saying the young dogs in your area obviously failed 😞 

Its was a brilliant replay and I missed the punchline even after reading it a few times. I guess it’s a case of word association i.e what I thought I wrote and what I actually wrote. Don’t think it would stand up in a court of law though. 👍

• Like 1

Well that was an extremely difficult watch. Passing back to Bettinelli rather than moving it forwards only for him to hoof it up to nobody in particular or worse still straight out of play is hardly a ringing endorsement to buy a season ticket.

I'm guessing that Johnson like a few others either isn't being offered or signing a new contract as he is now seemingly overlooked. I'm not sure what the stats say but since the loanee's have arrived in January and his omission started it seemed to coincide with our downturn.

Howson now reminds me of Clayts and Friend when they went from stalwarts to suddenly looking off the pace. The much maligned Spence reminds me of Traore (albeit a different type of player), a footballing talent but without a footballing brain. I think he would benefit from one to one sessions with a Coach and a video review of his performances. If that doesn't work then I'd cut my losses.

With virtually half a new squad required in the summer and the underwhelming nature of many of those who have arrived allied to a series of insipid performances it's perhaps just as well that the Riverside is empty. By now the boo boys would have been roundly derided and I'm not so sure that NW himself wouldn't have become the subject of some derision from the stands.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Onme'eadson said:

We must be the worst team in the division at taking throw ins. Not once did we make anything of it. We take so long the other team covers easily.

I noticed there was a point where Fisher took a throw. Saville was unmarked (and free) in Central midfield, rather than throw it infield, we decided to throw it forwards for Spence and Coulson to compete for the aerial ball.

I know throw ins are only part of the game, but as you say we are rubbish at them, we could make much better use of them to open up space.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many of the things which have been wrong with us for most of the season.

If Warnock and Gibson watched that and felt satisfied with the performance (and in particular the resulting stats), they need to retire from football. If they weren't satisfied, they need to tell the watching public what they're doing to improve it, because no evidence was offered up today.

I accept MFC is an economic sinkhole in this pandemic, and I am grateful we're not sliding towards bankruptcy, but there is simply no excuse for such a sloppy, lethargic, disinterested performance being delivered by eleven generously remunerated professional sportsmen. There was one good free kick and one good header in 101 minutes of football. And how such an atrocious goalkeeper can retain the #1 jersey without contest beggars belief.

Neil, if you're reading this, I think I speak for most of us when I say we aren't expecting miracles, but we are expecting more than we saw today. You've got six games left - show us what you're trying to achieve and why we should continue to care next season, because at the moment, we're scratching our heads. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Perhaps it's because I'm pretty depressed at the moment, but I feel quite numb after that game. We won't miss out on promotion because of today's non-performance, but today neatly encapsulated so many of the things which have been wrong with us for most of the season.

If Warnock and Gibson watched that and felt satisfied with the performance (and in particular the resulting stats), they need to retire from footbalp. If they weren't satisfied, they need to tell the watching public what they're doing to improve it, because no evidence was offered up today.

I accept MFC is an economic sinkhole in this pandemic, and I am grateful we're not sliding towards bankruptcy, but there is simply no excuse for such a sloppy, lethargic, disinterested performance being delivered by eleven generously remunerated professional sportsmen. There was one good free kick and one good header in 101 minutes of football. And how such an atrocious goalkeeper can retain the #1 jersey without contest beggars belief.

Neil, if you're reading this, I think I speak for most of us when I say we aren't expecting miracles, but we are expecting more than we saw today. You've got six games left - show us what you're trying to achieve and why we should continue to care next season, because at the moment, we're scratching our heads. 

Not sure I can agree with you @RiseAgainston this occasion. We were playing against a team who were full of premiership players and will almost certainly go back up. We made them look very ordinary. For some reason nobody wants to recognise that but just assume that we should easily turn them over? I don’t get what some fans think, I really don’t 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
18 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Not sure I can agree with you @RiseAgainston this occasion. We were playing against a team who were full of premiership players and will almost certainly go back up. We made them look very ordinary. For some reason nobody wants to recognise that but just assume that we should easily turn them over? I don’t get what some fans think, I really don’t 🤷‍♂️

I can't argue with most of that.

But I think what @RiseAgainst was getting at is that we've been like this so many times this season against lesser teams we should have beaten.

Guess its an indication of the weird state football is in right now that we can play this way against a team of Watford's quality (on paper) and get a point, when in other games we've been well beaten.

I also wouldn't say we made Watford look ordinary...they weren't all that in the first game of the season and they've had a number of very average performances this season (including the previous game).

They may be PL quality...but we're probably talking lower-mid table. Which isn't that big a jump from the Championship.

• Like 2